• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

COD5

Meaney

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried keeping games, but once I move on, it really just collects dust.

I really only keep those family type games for replaying, "The GH series, Scene it, etc" all the rest usually go on the auction site, however GS is running a fairly decent deal for trading in for CODWOW. I think I should get like 26 or 27 for COD4.

Strike while the iron is luke warm I say grin

Yeah, the talk about huge maps wasn't just talk...they are expansive to say the least. Lots of running. I still like the weapons in COD4. Maybe they'll get better as I level-up. I still find myself trying to switch on the night-goggles but don't think they had those back in the WW's. grin

Sniping positions galore, although I haven't messed around with that aspect yet. Still trying to get my aim down with the machine guns, etc. Miss the red dot too.

The kill is pretty graphic at times too...especially a direct hit from the trench gun. Ouch.

Those dang dogs are something. You can shoot them but it ain't easy and you're always looking over your shoulder trying to keep an eye out for one when they're released.

I found out that you can jump onto a tank that is commanded by one of your teammates and use the machine gun on top. That is pretty cool.

Interesting game no doubt!

well played through afew games. the levels seem huge or maybe its that i dont have every nook and cranny memorized. The graphics are below cod4 but still good.

so far its really fun but i dont think ill sell 4 just yet.

I like the bootcamp, helps ease you into the game but it will mean less easy noob kills later...

Made it to Lvl 16. I think this is more of a tactical game compared to COD 4 in that it's less run-and-gun and you have to be a little more sneaky to get kills on these huge maps. You can run a long time before encountering someone from the other team, so you better be ready or you're dead and the run starts over again.

There are more nooks and crannies than you'll ever think of and if you're a camper you may be waiting awhile due to the size of the maps. I'm beginning to find some "funnel" areas where the other team tends to migrate through, but if the team splits up it's hard to know which direction they're coming at you from as they can spread out much further than in COD 4. Snipers are hard to kill with all the terrain and objects scattered throughout the map. It would be real fun with the .50 Cal!

JPZ, yeah im datBthunder. Ill probably be on often now that the boat is put away, we have no ice,and i dont hunt...

did anyone that preordered from gamestop get their m1a1 unlocked? I went through the steps to download it but it never unlocked. I talked to someone in a game who had the same problem.

so far its pretty good. i havnt noticed many campers yet. i tried sniping a little but i think i only found a few spots i liked. i dont think sniping will be as effective in 5 as it could be in 4. Also, grenades seem way underpowered.

Well after playing it a few hours, I really think that Treyarch did a good job with this game. Kept enough of the same gameplay that made COD4 good yet added some cool elements.

I think the graphics are better than 4, especially some of the larger maps.

The spawn points could be tweaked a little though, nothing worse than working your way across a map to shoot someone, only to have them spawn right behind you mad I’m sure it’s tough though, and I would rather have this than a major league spawn camping fest that occurs in many other games.

I guess if you liked 4 I’m pretty sure you’ll like WaW.

I’ll be on all night tonight, it would be fun to get a bunch of FM guys together.

dtro- where did you go last night? I jumped in that game and gave you a knife salute (can't wave so I figured I'd slash at you). grin

I'm not convinced about the graphics. I think that the people are harder to see and it's not as detailed as COD 4, as in picture quality and graphics. There is a lot more misc items on the maps that's for sure, but COD4 felt more three-dimensional than this one.

The maps seem to be getting a little smaller the more you play, but I've also gone well over a minute before even firing a round just running around looking for someone to shoot at!

I don't know that sniper game play in WaW is reduced compared to COD4. There was a sniper last night that was eating our lunch. There are so many more places to hide but due to the size of some of the maps you may be waiting longer for the shot too.

Molotov cocktails are fun. grin

Is the voice of the Marines team leader Keifer Sutherland? I swear it's Jack Bauer. smile

I'm sure I'll be on later today again. I think I'm at LVL 20 now and looking forward to getting that Type 100 machine gun in a few more levels.

yeah, sorry bout that. I was in a private chat with Capt Fireman, then seen you, so I backed out of the game with him, and then invited you to our party. But you didn't accept so we just started playing again.

If I invite anyone and you can't get in because the game is full or something, feel free to send me a txt or voice message and I'll back out of the game to let you in.

I also agree with the sniper comment. It's going to be sniper heaven, but I guess that is what the kill cam is for wink

It's hard enough to plow through some of those levels with an underpowered bolt action once, let alone 25 times.

and don't get me started on that Type 99 machine gun or whatever it is.

The stupid clip takes up half my screen, and I have a pretty darn big TV. I think I actually had some motion sickness trying to shoot guys running perpindicular to my field of view. sick

I was thinking the same thing about going prestige. Last night I played for a little bit just to get to level 25 and then watched the football game. I'm not liking this as much as COD4 but that set the bar pretty high and will be tough to beat. Going back to the WW era was a bad idea, IMO, and wasn't the right way to go if they wanted to put out something better than COD4. They've already done that, what, three times already? I'll probably level all the way up until I hit the prestige option and then go back to COD4 time to time for my gaming fix.

Okay... questions for you guys.

The wife actually "let" me buy a PS3 to go with the new 46" Samsung we bought last weekend.

Yes, I'm doing my best to keep the economy going.

Anyways, are you all on PS3? or XBox?

Also, do you guys wear headsets so you can trash talk to each other too? Or just playing?

ive got the ps3 and a headset i dont always use it though. My name is datBthunder.

I dont know if WaW will keep me hooked as long as 4 has. Ive found if i want a chance at placing at the top ive got to use a mg or sub mg. I like the rifles but when everyone else has an mg youre out gunned and i cant see myself using the bolt actions much. In 4 I felt every weapon class was effective, I could even place in top with my pistol.

I like the team games more in this version in 4 i played ffa mostly. Also, Anyone play the competitive co-op? I tried it last night and i actually found it to be pretty fun.

Anyways, are you all on PS3? or XBox?

Also, do you guys wear headsets so you can trash talk to each other too? Or just playing?

There is a mix of both here as far as 360/PS3. I'm on the 360 as well as several others here.

I almost always wear my headset and chat with the fellas. I try not to trash talk though because I can rarely back it up.