Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meaney

COD5

231 posts in this topic

Anyone getting this? How about the free beta you get with the pre-order... any fun ?

The BEST GAME EVER MEANEY.................just kidding it's good but juggernaught is WAY overpowered....

I think the artillery strike lasts too long and is a little over powered, and the attack dogs can be irritating. I like it more now that I picked up some different sights for some guns making them similar to the red dot in COD4.

I'm not really sure if I like the game mostly because it's a new game or if it's actually a good game. I think it's a little of both.

True on Artillery......That and it seems the Mp40 is also pretty overpowered.....and grenades do JACK.

I think so, at least with GAmestop. Or like said before if you have an old charlieoscardelta login they then send you the VIP deal for your token.

ok, I got the pre-order today and sent the info for the beta...how long til I get the beta code?

Sorry man....that's all I know. I migrated, and got my code the next day.

got it yesterday... not too bad so for. except the punks that find the glitches and use them

got it yesterday... not too bad so for. except the punks that find the glitches and use them

It's a beta, the point is to find them. The final release will play a lot better (hopefully). Halo 3's beta made the warthogs on Valhalla absolutely unstoppable, and my K/D was easily over 5 (it's a little over 2 right now, not that I play much anymore). Very few beta's are used as the final build.

Any initial thoughts? Once the glitches/gameplay is "Beta'd", will it be a keeper?

Is it worth pre-ordering to get access to the beta?

Originally Posted By: Meaney

It's a beta, the point is to find them.

Yea, well I know what a beta is and what it is meant for. but what i meant is that a person will find them and continue to use them, and that is where it gets annoying.

Any initial thoughts? Once the glitches/gameplay is "Beta'd", will it be a keeper?

Is it worth pre-ordering to get access to the beta?

Is it worth playing a beta? Not really. You only get 3 maps and they get old fast. It is glitchy and easy to take advantage of (you can switch from a tanks main cannon to the turret instantly, so you can fire the cannon, then operate the turret until the cannon's cooldown is up). Those sorts of things. It plays like a CoD 3/CoD 4 hybrid. Moreso like 3, just incorporating a few things from 4.

Never did get a token code.

But I was able to find an Australian COD site that had codes and was able to snag one last night. Hopefully it works.

They increased the beta cap to level 24. I am currently at 23 trying to get thru so I can carry my bouncing betty's.

I’ve been having a lot of fun with this Beta. A lot of the same as 4 with some added elements. It would be fun to allow access to all weapons for the Beta purpose to see what they are all like. A ranking system for a Beta doesn’t make much sense, unless they are actually testing the ranking system itself.

It’s currently capped at level 44. Seems like it would make more sense to open it up to work out any issues with overpowered weapons.

I’ll be buying the full version for sure.

I must admit I like the randomness of the dogs and they seem fairly balanced. They are pretty easy to kill or hide in the water wink

Played a little “War” yesterday, a good concept, but mostly turned into a contest of who could get the most Artillery and Dog attacks

Over all though, I think the developers have done well.

Played a little “War” yesterday, a good concept, but mostly turned into a contest of who could get the most Artillery and Dog attacks

Over all though, I think the developers have done well.

War has been around since at least CoD 2, and really was the best gametype, but somehow it was forgotten in 4.

Fishy, yep opened it up over the weekend I think. Now comes the pain.....for me not them. Double Barrel Shotgun at 29 is killer..And the MG42...ouch.

You Guy Suck(JK) smile

I didnt get the code. frown

But it sounds like I will be playing with all you when the full V comes out.