• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

COD5

Meaney

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the artillery strike lasts too long and is a little over powered, and the attack dogs can be irritating. I like it more now that I picked up some different sights for some guns making them similar to the red dot in COD4.

I'm not really sure if I like the game mostly because it's a new game or if it's actually a good game. I think it's a little of both.

got it yesterday... not too bad so for. except the punks that find the glitches and use them

It's a beta, the point is to find them. The final release will play a lot better (hopefully). Halo 3's beta made the warthogs on Valhalla absolutely unstoppable, and my K/D was easily over 5 (it's a little over 2 right now, not that I play much anymore). Very few beta's are used as the final build.

Originally Posted By: Meaney
got it yesterday... not too bad so for. except the punks that find the glitches and use them

It's a beta, the point is to find them.

Yea, well I know what a beta is and what it is meant for. but what i meant is that a person will find them and continue to use them, and that is where it gets annoying.

Any initial thoughts? Once the glitches/gameplay is "Beta'd", will it be a keeper?

Is it worth pre-ordering to get access to the beta?

Is it worth playing a beta? Not really. You only get 3 maps and they get old fast. It is glitchy and easy to take advantage of (you can switch from a tanks main cannon to the turret instantly, so you can fire the cannon, then operate the turret until the cannon's cooldown is up). Those sorts of things. It plays like a CoD 3/CoD 4 hybrid. Moreso like 3, just incorporating a few things from 4.

I’ve been having a lot of fun with this Beta. A lot of the same as 4 with some added elements. It would be fun to allow access to all weapons for the Beta purpose to see what they are all like. A ranking system for a Beta doesn’t make much sense, unless they are actually testing the ranking system itself.

It’s currently capped at level 44. Seems like it would make more sense to open it up to work out any issues with overpowered weapons.

I’ll be buying the full version for sure.

I must admit I like the randomness of the dogs and they seem fairly balanced. They are pretty easy to kill or hide in the water wink

Played a little “War” yesterday, a good concept, but mostly turned into a contest of who could get the most Artillery and Dog attacks

Over all though, I think the developers have done well.

Played a little “War” yesterday, a good concept, but mostly turned into a contest of who could get the most Artillery and Dog attacks

Over all though, I think the developers have done well.

War has been around since at least CoD 2, and really was the best gametype, but somehow it was forgotten in 4.