Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Meaney

COD5

I think the artillery strike lasts too long and is a little over powered, and the attack dogs can be irritating. I like it more now that I picked up some different sights for some guns making them similar to the red dot in COD4.

I'm not really sure if I like the game mostly because it's a new game or if it's actually a good game. I think it's a little of both.

I think so, at least with GAmestop. Or like said before if you have an old charlieoscardelta login they then send you the VIP deal for your token.

got it yesterday... not too bad so for. except the punks that find the glitches and use them

It's a beta, the point is to find them. The final release will play a lot better (hopefully). Halo 3's beta made the warthogs on Valhalla absolutely unstoppable, and my K/D was easily over 5 (it's a little over 2 right now, not that I play much anymore). Very few beta's are used as the final build.

Originally Posted By: Meaney
got it yesterday... not too bad so for. except the punks that find the glitches and use them

It's a beta, the point is to find them.

Yea, well I know what a beta is and what it is meant for. but what i meant is that a person will find them and continue to use them, and that is where it gets annoying.

Any initial thoughts? Once the glitches/gameplay is "Beta'd", will it be a keeper?

Is it worth pre-ordering to get access to the beta?

Is it worth playing a beta? Not really. You only get 3 maps and they get old fast. It is glitchy and easy to take advantage of (you can switch from a tanks main cannon to the turret instantly, so you can fire the cannon, then operate the turret until the cannon's cooldown is up). Those sorts of things. It plays like a CoD 3/CoD 4 hybrid. Moreso like 3, just incorporating a few things from 4.

Never did get a token code.

But I was able to find an Australian COD site that had codes and was able to snag one last night. Hopefully it works.

I’ve been having a lot of fun with this Beta. A lot of the same as 4 with some added elements. It would be fun to allow access to all weapons for the Beta purpose to see what they are all like. A ranking system for a Beta doesn’t make much sense, unless they are actually testing the ranking system itself.

It’s currently capped at level 44. Seems like it would make more sense to open it up to work out any issues with overpowered weapons.

I’ll be buying the full version for sure.

I must admit I like the randomness of the dogs and they seem fairly balanced. They are pretty easy to kill or hide in the water wink

Played a little “War” yesterday, a good concept, but mostly turned into a contest of who could get the most Artillery and Dog attacks

Over all though, I think the developers have done well.

Played a little “War” yesterday, a good concept, but mostly turned into a contest of who could get the most Artillery and Dog attacks

Over all though, I think the developers have done well.

War has been around since at least CoD 2, and really was the best gametype, but somehow it was forgotten in 4.

Fishy, yep opened it up over the weekend I think. Now comes the pain.....for me not them. Double Barrel Shotgun at 29 is killer..And the MG42...ouch.