• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weekend Plans Oct 16-19th

cjac

Hey all,

With the upcoming MEA weekend for those of you in education or with kids in school I'll post this tonight.

I'm looking at the 7 county Metro area to target muskies on a couple day trips; what's everyone else have planned?

Good luck to all and be safe!

Hey CJAC! With EdMN (MEA hasn't been around in over 10 years) in session this week I will be hitting up Alexander, Shamineau, Miltona over the next few days instead of teaching. I was out on West Battle Lake today and moved a few small fish and battled the wind. Something else today. There were some guides all fishing together out there as well.

I finally get to muskie fish again this weekend and I'm pumped about it. Have a combo trip planned to Park Rapids area with duck hunting, grouse hunting, and muskie fishing. What more could a guy want in one weekend.

Well my uncle is going to come up to our cabin with my cousins. Unfortunately my cousins are young and get bored easily if they aren't catching fish, so muskie fishing isn't for them. That likely means the big boat will stay on the dead sea. I may stay and try to target bass, but my guess is they'll still be spread out and tough to find. Forget the other gamefish, pike are practically impossible to catch, and walleye are impossible to catch.

My brother and I may take the car-top and head to a really small lake we've been meaning to try. No stocking record exists for the lake and the DNR has never checked what's in there, but it's only a mile upstream from a stocked muskie and walleye lake, and word-of-mouth puts pike, crappie and perch in the lake. Even if only a half dozen muskies migrated into it the lake is small enough I think they'd be targetable. Could be interesting, a scout trip is in order though to see if we can even carry the boat to it.

Leaving work early today to get a jump on the weekend. Heading back to the hot spots to see if they are still hot! Haven't been on the water in a week.......think I am going through withdrawls! crazy

Don't worry CJAC.........I still call it MEA and my kids look at me with a weird look cause they have no idea what I am talking about.

WBL on Saturday, lake X on Sunday to get that PIG I lost last week. Maybe get the fiance out Sunday with the decent weather, get her at least one this year. Maybe not quite as many pleasureboaters this weekend?

Yes I was. Left work early and picked up my youngest son and hit the lake. Running around in a black lund with an Opti on the back. Did manage one really nice fish (see I LOVE OCTOBER post)and raised another fish around 45 or so. Only got 3 hours in on the water as I had stuff to be home for tonight. Brother and Lund95 were out, don't know how they did.

Got my 48 on a figure O bout 2:45. What a fight!! She definately had some shoulders on her! Got the pics, put her in the water, measured her, and then she proceeded to shower me with water on the release. Awesome time!

Congrats! We were at The Landing watching you and your son take the cover off the boat and get ready to head out. That is one fat fish and what a beautiful day! We managed to raise several on Alex and some on Sham in the AM. We're hitting Miltona tomorrow and back out to Alex/Sham on Sat.

I looked at the weather and the weekend will bring some pretty strong winds from the South, shifting to the SW on Sunday, but still pretty stiff. Take that into consideration and don't take on more than your ride can handle if you're heading out on big water.

Be safe and have fun!

Hugo-

Our group has a Alexandira area trifecta challenge weekend: rooster, greenhead, and muskie.

You get all weekend. Tough but exciting, but that is duck/pheasant/muskie hunting. We usually run a big group and bet on # of curly tails, length of tail on pheasant, and muskie length-kind of pro rate the event. Basically an excuse for a guys weekend.