• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what will you do different this winter what are you fired up about

robert1965

I'm working 40 hour weeks now instead of 97 million hour weeks and I have most of my weekends off. For me, this means a TON more time on the ice. I'm not talkin just sittin on the ice and seeing what happens. I'm talking seriously targeting fish, when I want to.

I'm also going to Cool Cats this winter.

"I'm not talking about chasin' blue gills or tommy cats at the pond, I'm talkin' about sharkin"

"I'll find him for five, but I'll catch him and kill him for ten... I value my neck a lot more than five thousand dollars chief...ten thousand dollars, for that, you get the head, the tail, the whole da#n thing"

Went in with some fellow FMrs on a house on Mille Lacs. I plan on getting up there a few time. Got a huge portable and a wheeler. Should be more mobile this year. My new portable seats six to eight in it so planning on getting some new guys into ice fishing. Getting my wife and daughter out are a big priority for me this year. I started guiding this fall so doing a few guide trips would be great as well.

I'm excited to get on some trout. Give the crappie a small break and try to focus on walleye on the river more. Hope to get my daughter out more, meet up with some FMers too. I got a couple of my buddies hooked last winter, they have been calling. Oddly, they seem more interested in ice fishing than catching some fall trophies.?!

Where do I begin! I just got a Vex FL18, I have 2 augers, 2 portables, my ATV, hope to scrape together enough for a GPS with a Lakemaster chip (and someone to show me how it works, hint hint Tami) I hope to talk Muskybait into some ice fishing with me, looking forward to some lake x fishing excursions with my neighbor buddy, gonna do some serious expeditions for some crappies (have not boated a crappie all summer), looking forward to the Burntside Bash, and on and on and on. Oh gosh I can't forget....lots of GTG with the women on the forum, especially at Appledoorns. laugh

I spent the summer "pimpin out" my Voyager and bought a Thorn Bros rod at the mods show also picked up an H2O at the end of last season. To say I'm anxious to try the new stuff would be an understatement !!!!

After attending the seminar on plastics at the mods show I am going to expriment more with them also.

I have a few improvements planned for my snowmobile and I am ready.

Please Mother Nature give us some cold temps and clear solid ice !!!

I have a few goals -

1. MORE TIME ON THE ICE - to accomplish this i plan on heading out every thursday evening and get the wheel house set up. Fish all night and all day Friday, while working from the traveling office! I actually picked up a device that I can attach to my cellphone and it creates a wifi zone within my ice house - on most of the area lakes here in Mankato w/ Alltel I will actually have hi-speed internet while fishing.

2. Let my boys experience ice fishing the way I did growing up. They need to get out and just sit on the 5 gallon bucket - I loved that as a kid, I think I have made ice fishing to plush for them!