• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Will this work?

Hey all you smokers out there. You guys have been great with all of your information on this site! Here's a question for you.

I would like to smoke some goose breasts by brining them and wrapping them in bacon. Will this work out do you think?

Thanks in advance

First off I really enjoy your pictures.Don't bird hunt anymore and never did it with goose but did ducks.

brine,poked a whole in the breast and inserted a whole clove of garlic,and a chunk of apple,wrap in bacon,baste with mollassis and mashed manderin orange and roll in cracked pepper,and smoke.Works on the grill also but cook 1/2 way then baste and sprinkle with cracked pepper.Goose breast may be too thick and baste may burn??

I tried the recipe from Meatfish and it turned out great. I'm really happy with the results. I brined them with 2 cups kosher salt and 1 cup brown sugar in about 4 qts of water for 22 hours. Then I peeled the silver skin off 3 of the 4 but that was a royal PIA. I cut a slit in those 3 and stuffed it with a slice of apple and a clove of garlic. The 4th was left alone with the silver skin on it. Then I wrapped all 4 of them in bacon and put a baste of molasses and mashed mandarin oranges on top and smoked them for 10 hours at 190 deg with cherry wood.

My final opinion is that removing the silver skin was more work than it was worth. It tasted just fine with it on there. When I do it again I'll use the baste and wrap in bacon and probably try rolling it with cracked pepper since I forgot it this time.

Good eatin!

Thanks again Meatfish