• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Single pin sight

mrklean

I'm assuming you're referring to the slider... Basically your scope is attached to an arm that slides up and down in a fixed bracket that mounts to your bow. You'll have some unit of measure (tape, notches, etc) that you can line up the slider with to shoot different distances. As you slide it up/down the scope will raise and vice versa. I'm sure I'm making it a lot more confusing than it actually is but it's quite simple. Hopefully someone can chime in and give you a better description. It's nice to be able to focus on just one pin. You just have to remember to adjust it accordingly before every shot.

I use one for target shooting, and yes, they are very accurate. I do not use it for hunting only because the adjustment for mine is behind my bow quiver.

I know several who do hunt with one and most really like it. They also leave it set at 20 yards. If you have the time to move it for a longer shot, by all means do so.

sticknstring, I see you're not getting any work done today either. blush

I also have one, the HHA style in the second pic. They are extremely accurate and very versatile. I will admit that I have wounded a deer before because I ranged incorrectly and chose the wrong pin on my sight.

Now I use a rangefinder, and I use one pin. I adjust as needed. HHA sells their sights with premade sight tapes. After sighting in with the right procedure, I put the tape that matched on my bow and I now have all my ranges set from 20-60yds. I can make a 6" cirlce at 60yds.

Well i know it shoots about 3" low at 30 yards and i personally beleive that most people dont have any business shooting farther than that anyway. Too many things can go wrong when your wingin arrows 40-50 yards... just my opinion... The longest shot ive ever taken was 36 yards, i just aimed at the top of its back and let er rip. No the smartest thing ive ever done, but i was new to it.. got it right in the liver and it went 100 yards and tipped over. All my stands are set up for an average of 14-15 yard shots, i shot 2 last year at 10-11 yards...

Yeah well I just wish it was due to your circumstances on leaving for a hunt instead of having a quiet afternoon at the office cry

Good luck - hope to see some turk & antler pics next week!

Leaving first thing in the morning. I'll be sure to have a story with pix after next week.

So you set it and dont change anything even if your shooting over 20 years like 30-50?

I doubt I'd ever shoot at a deer over 30 yards. In fact my shooting lanes max out at 25 yards. Most new bows shoot quite flat out to 30 yards. The difference between 10, 20, and 30 yards probably isn't much more than a pin width. As I posted above, I only purchased an adjustable sight for 3D shoots.