• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

heat stroke?

bimbo

my black lab is about six years old now shes one of the best hunting dogs ive ever been with or hunted with. but she got limesdesise about two years ago and she could hardly even walk at the time but the vet get her some shots and she was all better. then late summer after i was playing catch with her she had a heat stroke. then on pheasant opener she had another witch scared me half to death. and then yesterday after i went out and about a halfour after we were back she did it again.. can anyone give me some input. should i stop takeing her out or what. is she going to die one of these times? does anyone know anything on this?

I think you should consult a vet. What were the symptoms your dog displayed and how long after did the dog recover?

Quote:
A dog suffering from heatstroke will display several signs:

* Rapid panting

* Bright red tongue

* Red or pale gums

* Thick, sticky saliva

* Depression

* Weakness

* Dizziness

* Vomiting - sometimes with blood

* Diarrhea

* Shock

* Coma

Could she die from heat stroke....YES! And if this was in fact heat stroke delayed complications can exist. Especially if any of the last 4 symptoms occur.

Now....there could be other things that you mistakenly took for heat stroke such as EIC or hypoglcemia. I would recommend checking out the info on EIC to see if this is what your seeing from your dog.