Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

hows bass fishing been

Im thinking of heading over on Wed to the Rice Lake Area to chase a few bucket mouths.

Anyone have any reports they would be willing to share.

How much is a licence for one day?

bass fishing has picked up on the mississippi, cant help you out on a report up in the rice lake area. those lakes should be turning over or turned over by now though so that should help.

if im not mistaken, you cant buy a one day non-resident license in wisconsin. i believe it is a 4 day and its like $25 or so?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• @DrJ you're signed up.  I put more space between the links in the original post.  The summary has the info about those signed up. 
    • you two have at it!!!!
    • Onxmaps is key when finding land owner information! 
    • my guess would be Asian beetles!!!!!!!
    • all this to increase the der herd, then ole mother nature comes along and throws us a couple winters it did a few years ago................and then what?
    • Generally people want more and/or bigger.  Those two things are what’s driving the revamp of the deer plan.  No? PTSD flashbacks from old debates and perceived innuendo in this one. “Antler Mongers” was one.  Equating letting young deer pass/prefer older deer as “catch and release”. May as well just shed hunt so one can brag is probably worse.  No, neither slapped on me personally but it’s part of swaying an argument against the opposition, whom I must be. Doesn’t everyone?  Or lack of change if it suits you better?  That’s just human nature.   Yes, PF, I agree that habitat is key.  But how do we improve that if we can’t even get 50 foot buffers for cleaner water and bird habitat without driving a wedge in farmer/hunter relationships?  Not net gain public land proposals?  Not using our license fees to the fullest extent to improve habitat on the public lands we already have?  Progress there would be phenomenal.   I just got done with a couple hour scouting drive in the area and checked around a couple public hunting places that look great from the road.  This time of year the ground is a canvas to tell me what’s living where.  I could pretty much pinpoint the borders of the public ground/private ground transitions just by the tracks I saw.  Or lack thereof.   The good news is might’ve been fortunate enough to have gained some new access via a work friend relationship.  I have the go ahead for turkeys and didn’t see one box blind on the field edges.  There may be hope.    Carry on.   Almost forgot; I just said eliminate party hunting for BUCKS.   Still game getting together to hunt with friends and help meet harvest goals.
    • Your point is very valid on the lack of habitat in much of southern MN as it is in much of the old zone 4 area. Each area of the state has a different "hole in the bucket". While that area lacks habitat, many other areas, including mine, have plenty of habitat, but lack high quality food to get the herd thru hard winters.
    • Leech,  I think many areas in WI have herds that have declined just as much as MN. I hunt SE of Turtle Lake, and used to see 25+ deer on opening morning before 9am on a regular basis. Now I feel good if I see a few critters the whole weekend. The many years of "T" seasons, "Herd control, and liberal antlerless tags have  dropped numbers in that area to a fraction of what they once were. It is what it is. I don't think they are doing better than MN is, but they started with a lot larger herd.  Their wolf issues will continue in the north, and CWD in the south. I don't envy their situation either.   FYI,  My land sits on the south end of the wolf range in NE Wadena county, MN. They generally do not bother my area except in the spring during calving season, although I have two of the buggers wandering around last November during rifle hunting. I usually have way more issues with coyotes and bears taking my fawns than wolves. 
    • I like sustainability as well. We party hunting and while that is a dirty word to many of the solitary hunters it's what we do. We never deplete the deer in our area and it's rare for us to fill even half our tags. Nobody gets more tags than one in our area.  I did actually make a solid proposal- habitat. But nobody took a moment to even touch that one.   I'm not sure if you are familiar with the southern part of the state but here is very little habitat outside of the southeast region. You just can't maintain the numbers to hold the numbers of deer that you need to get to where everyone who wants to harvest a deer can do so.   There was one specific post calling for an end to party hunting.   Habitat, habitat, habitat.   We should be focusing on improving habitat, bringing youth into the lifestyle and providing a positive public image to ensure future generations can enjoy hunting as well.    
    • Big Dave2, Just throwing the no party hunting out there as one possible solution. I certainly do not advocate getting rid of it. There are several other things being thrown around out there that I don't agree with as well.