• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum LX-1

honda400ex_treme

I just purchased a brand new Marcum LX-1. I think these are an older style unit. I don't know much about them any information would be great. I have used vexilars in past and wanted to try this out.

All it came with was battery, charger, transducer, and the flasher itself. No instructions so any tips, tricks, or advice i'll take it.

For the money...you got a good one. That model should have a split screen option that lets you zoom onto the bottom 5 feet. That to me is what is most important. I have a Vexilar FL-18 and love it, but your marcum should be able to do pretty much the same thing.

I purchased it for under $200 and wasn't sure what it compared to. Im not even 100 percent how to use it(any info here would be great) Im finally getting more involved into ice fishing this year.

also recently purchased (used but only for 1 trip) Jiffy Stealth 3hp 10", strikemaster auger stand, Fish Trap Guide, 3 rod/reels, 1 spare reel, 3 dead sticks, 6 tip-ups, 1 small tackle box all for $600

The LX-1 is a nice unit for the money. I bought one about 3 years ago that Gander Mountain had put its name on it, I believe they call it a GS-X but the warranty is through Marcum. This unit does have a 5' zone on the bottom for the 20'and 40'scale. It will work about the same as the vexilars you have used in the past. If I remember right I bought it on sale and it came with a soft pack for $200, 3 years ago.

I have an older LX-1, the colors are yellow orange red, yellow is on the outside of the sonar cone, orange is closer and red is closest to the center of the sonar cone.

The size of the bar is somewhat indicitive of the size of the item being "flashed". When you turn on the flasher, drop your jig down the hole, turn on the flasher and set the gain/power to about 5. as the jig drops down, you will see it as a large red bar, reduce the gain/power until it is a small red bar that doesn't fade in and out.

there should be a push button on it as well (Might say IR if I remember correctly). Push that to eliminate any interference you might, MIGHT, get from another unit nearby. Enjoy it, I bought a LX-5 two seasons ago and my buddy has been "borrowing" my LX-1 for the last two seasons. I think he assumes I will forget he has it, but once my boys get older it will be time for him to get his own.

Check out their HSOforum, seems to me they used to have the manuals on line, or call the company, their customer service has a really good reputation. I have never needed to use it.

I will check out there webiste as well and if I find it, I will let you know

Here ya go: http://www.marcum.com/cs/manuals/LX1manual.qxd_2.pdf

Print it off and throw it in with your new toy.....