• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ground blind ?

rage2blade

Go with a fixed. They say you can, but I tried this past turkey season with the rage 2 blade, splitfire, and some G5s. The arrows would kick 1/3 of the time. For deer pull down the mesh before shooting. I remove the velcro off my blind and replaced with magnet strips it is quieter.

I would move the netting if you have time. I have guided for a handicapped hunt for years and all archers use crossbows with mechinal heads. I have had all my hunters shoot through my nertting with a kill every year. Lucky? maybe, but we do get the job done through the netting.

Set up your blind and do a little target shooting to see what results you get as all broadheads can shoot different.

Quote:
Can you use mechanical broadhead through the shoot through mesh that comes in ground blinds?

Yes. However not all broadheads and blind screens are created equally. I'd use an expandable that uses o rings to keep the blades closed while in flight. Also make sure you're not shooting at a steep angle through the mesh, I've seen instances where one blade can open this way. The best advice would be to setup your blind and shoot some arrows through for yourself. If your comfortable with the head you're shooting now, go for it. Also deer don't like the black holes in blinds... keep the screens up until you're about to shoot if you don't plan on shooting through them.

I cut a few well placed verticle strips (maybe 3 - 4" wide) out of my netting. Never had a problem shooting through these.

I also don't get as claustrophibic with a few open areas to look through. smile

Thanks for all the advice guys I appreciate it and when i get one i will make sure to practice shooting through the mesh to make sure everything is dead on. Just was curious to see what you guys have found with past experiences. I think ground blind would be a great way to hunt and very exciting to shoot one on "there level" dont get me wrong i love hunting in a tree stand but i think this would be a great experience.

Another huge help with shooting from a ground blind is a lighted nock. Lumi Nock and G5 are a few that make them ad Easton also does.

When one shoots from a tree stand, mnay times the arrow is a little easier to locate than a flat lying arrow being shot at ground level. I realize they are approx 10 clams each but they will pay for themselves in lost arrows.

It also is a great aid in seeing where one hit the deer in low light conditions.