• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flash question

Thanks for the added pictures. I am more of a visual learner, so that was very helpful.

Seeing the Maple Grove shirts is cool. I will be at my mom's in Plymouth during MEA - at the corner of Maple Grove and Crystal. grin

Mike, Sections are on Friday the 24th at 4:00. It is at the Adrian golf course.

Great tips and accompanying photos, Dan. I actually enjoyed it to the point of being tempted to try some sports shooting.

Carolyn, it's interesting that your mom lives in Plymouth. I have a daughter along with her husband and 1 week old baby, living in Plymouth. Which direction from Medicine lake do they live? My daughter lives east of the lake, not too far off 169 and about 2 1/2 miles from Dbl in New hope, and I have a brother in law and his family living west of the lake.

Quote:
I will be at my mom's in Plymouth during MEA - at the corner of Maple Grove and Crystal

That is only a mile or two from where I live. If you want to talk cameras while you are in the area just let me know.

X you know you want to get out and try a shot or two! Of course you might get hooked!

Great tips and accompanying photos, Dan. I actually enjoyed it to the point of being tempted to try some sports shooting.

Carolyn, it's interesting that your mom lives in Plymouth. I have a daughter along with her husband and 1 week old baby, living in Plymouth. Which direction from Medicine lake do they live? My daughter lives east of the lake, not too far off 169 and about 2 1/2 miles from Dbl in New hope, and I have a brother in law and his family living west of the lake.

I'm about 1 mile east of the intersection of 169 and 55, about a mile and a half from Medicine Lake. I rode by the south end of the lake all the time (and I will be riding again soon).

Dan, I wouldn't mind getting together sometime so I can learn some things.

Man you are close Yak! You must be by the Golden Valley Shopping Center? Anytime you want to meet just let me know and if you want to tag along on shoot you are more than welcome. I ride around the Lake most days I'm home as well. Might be tough if we get together, talk about flying or photography, maybe both wink

Dbl-

Not sure what your schedule is this weekend. I'll be at Mom's from this evening until Saturday morning. I am taking my oldest daughter to a Multiple Sclerosis class in Minneapolis Saturday, and we have to head home shortly after that is done. The girls are insisting on a shopping trip as well - go figure! grin

If it doesn't work this trip up, maybe another.

Originally Posted By: yakfisher
My wife hates being around 2 pilots talking about flying.

So does everybody else who's not a pilot. winkwink

But of course my wife says the same thing about photographers. gringrin

Excellent point. I hate being around my brother in laws when they talk about farming. grin

Dbl-

Not sure what your schedule is this weekend. I'll be at Mom's from this evening until Saturday morning. I am taking my oldest daughter to a Multiple Sclerosis class in Minneapolis Saturday, and we have to head home shortly after that is done. The girls are insisting on a shopping trip as well - go figure!

If it doesn't work this trip up, maybe another.

Really there is nothing worse than two pilots in a room together! My wife calls us, we, them "prop-heads". After almost 30 years I haven't decided if that is endearing or not wink

fishinchicks, sounds like Friday evening is the only open time you might have. I am flying Friday but will be home by 6pm tomorrow evening. If you had a few spare minutes then we could meet for a cup of coffee and talk shop. I have to pick my daughter up at the bus station (first visit home from college) around midnight but that is my only obligation tomorrow night.

Saturday morning would work as well depending on how your schedule shapes up that day. I know how important shopping trips are to daughters! You are correct if it doesn't work this time I have no plans to move anytime soon.

Yak, I'm at 169 and 36th so we are darn close! Are you back to flying the line? If you send me an e-mail at dbleitch at aol dot com I can exchange some contact information with you. The same for you fishinchicks if you want to send an e-mail. I am off to do some float plane flying and photography today but will check in later.

Really there is nothing worse than two pilots in a room together! My wife calls us, we, them "prop-heads". After almost 30 years I haven't decided if that is endearing or not wink

Wanna bet? Three or more pilots in a room talking about contracts at different companies or whose company is the worst. I'd rather be in a room with a couple of photographers any day.

First trip back will be Nov. 6th. I did 3 touch and go's in a 150 a few weeks back. First time in 7 and a half years in a little bird, wow was that frightening smile

I did 3 touch and goes today in a C-150, and it was frightening! I couldn't figure out why I was a mile from the runway on downwind! Its been a while since I was last in a small plane as well!

Everytime I walk into a pilot lounge and hear contract talk I turn around and go find a sharp stick to poke in my eye! Its much less painful.

Yak, fishinchicks and I might try and meet tomorrow evening if you are interested. Shoot me an e-mail. Photography talk only!

Photo talk only, I'm confused am I invited or not? wink

After all this would break the 2 pilot rule.

My schedule is relatively open till Nov, I might do some hunting or I might go the MN Zoo and take some pictures. I sent you an e-mail a little bit ago. Let me know what time via e-mail and I'll let you know if I can make it.

After all this would break the 2 pilot rule.

There you guys go again. Yawn. gringrin

Actually, how about a new HSO/FM board for pilots/planes? It would be the ultimate in jargon. Not even doctors or photographers would be able to understand it. gringrin

I meant Yak check mail, we must have posted almost at the same time. Steve nobody could stand to read anything in a board like that! Not even other pilots!

Old aviation saying; "You know the difference between a turbine engine and a pilot? The engine stops whining when it gets on the ground!"