• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jared Allen?

Jigger Here

He plays hard, and STUFF happens. The NFL needs to man up a little bit and let the guys play. People are supposed to get hurt and knocked out of games, its a contact sport.

People purposely go after the QB and kickers on ints and punt/kick returns with the intention of injuring them. So whats the big deal.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess who's the NFC Defensive Player of the Week?

Yep, Minnesota defensive end Jared Allen was selected NFC Defensive Player of the Week following his performance against Chicago on Sunday Night Football.

Allen tied a career best with three sacks for 28 yards and recorded a season-high nine tackles in helping the Vikings to a 34-14 win and sole possession of first place in the NFC North Division.

His biggest play of the night occurred in the second quarter when Allen fired into the Bears backfield from the backside to help tackle rookie running back Matt Forte on fourth and goal from the 1. The Vikings offense took over and on the first play tied an NFL record with a 99-yard TD strike from Gus Frerotte to Bernard Berrian that provided a 10-7 lead Minnesota would not relinquish.

Allen, the NFL sack leader last year with Kansas City last year with 15.5, leads the Vikings with 11.0 sacks and 41 hurries this season.

The Chiefs, who traded Allen to Minnesota for a slew of draft picks on the eve of the 2008 draft, have a league-low 6 sacks.

As a team....DOH!

what is the sack record. I believe it was set by Mallaurd or Doleman at 18 or so. If it that's true he does not have a chance. Mallaurd at 18 Doleman at 21. League record is Strahan at 22. If you gauge Allen on those 3 tree players in their prime Allen is only a verry good player where as the others were great.

Millard did that from the TACKLE position which is pretty much unheard of. The few years while he was at his peak Millard was an animal.

Jared Allen is every bit the pass-rusher Dolemen was and plays the Run much better. He has way more energy then the Dolemen did also.

Whether Allen can have Dolemens longevity that remains to be seen.

At this point Allen's stats are better after both players first 5 years in the league.

he sure gets mean down at that goaline area on either ends.

he's made alot of huge plays when we got their backs against the wall...couple safety's, some forced fumbles, alot of his sacks, huge stops to force punts,....i like our defense alot more with him....our pass rush has gone from nadda to aladda...he's young and has alot of years left..he's on excellent pace to do alot of things.

my earlier post i totally typed something different then what my brain was telling me to type lol....i meant he broke the sack record for a player that switched teams their first year...new to a system and playin with a 3rd degree seperation...i swear he's got better since he's been hurt lol.

great trade imo

check out this article...its pretty good

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_11158184?nclick_check=1

Jared Allen is an animal!! Bottom line! He and A.P. are the only reason I waste precious fishing and hunting time watching the Vikes!! All this talk of Millard hitting the Hardee's sign leaving the Albatross in Kato brings back some foggy memories. Oh Boyyy!!!

How was that hit on Allen not called for a penalty? Was that not a blow to the knees and they weren't even around the ball. I can't blame Jared for being cheesed.

On the radio after the game with some X-Vikes they said it was a legal hit. Questional maybe but a legal hit.