• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jared Allen?

Jigger Here

Just wondering your thought about him?

They said he was a hard worker and doesn't give up on plays but he hasn't done anything all year. Watching him play he doesn't get after the quaterback like i thought he would. When i watch him, he spends most of his plays going in like 2 yards, then sits there waiting for the QB to throw then tries to jump at it everytime instead of tryiong to get the quarterback.

i don't know if i'm the only one noticing this, but your thoughts?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was one of the lucky who got to go to that game on sunday, I will say, prior to that game I was in agreement with you, but on Sunday, I am sure the lions off. line isn't great, but he was all over the place, he was on that QB that ended up running out of bounds, he didn't get a sack, but definately was in his face for sure. But I expected more out of him by now too!

I think Allen is doing great execept for his frist game. I think a lot of offenses are double teaming him , and setting the backs on his side of the field to block him. The rest Dline like, Kevin willams are "freed up" if you will. I just see allen being on the front raise the entire lvl of playing of the front 4. As to trying to get qb, I think it as if hes able to get to the qb or not, or making a play by tipping a pass. Vikings also been calling plays to have allen drop back into coverage. Allen also been rushing the Qbs quite a bit too.

as in all stats,, there is a reason behind them. K.Williams 4 sacks has to say something of the others involved,, and I think Allen has more then his fair share of freeing up KW.

MOst teams cannont afford to play Allen straight up,, some tackles can, but not many. He may not be worth all the $$,,, but he's pulling his load and others are taking over.

I think after this week, Chicago gota put a back in there to help block KW. That means 1 more offesnive player that wont be recieving. They probably won't single block Allen, that would just be asking for trouble. That means we can blitz more or have stronger coverage...depdning on play calling. A good player affects the game more than just what plain stats tells ya.

I agree with Mudcutter-He might not being living up to his previous year stats, but I think he still adds a whole new dimension to this D-line. Kevin Williams is getting loose a lot more often and Big Pat is his same old self. I just think he's getting a lot more attention and that leads to more space for the Williams Boys to operate.

Its really hard to judge right now who have we played thats good?

Has he done any better that James or the others I cant rember the names of. To me he is not standing out as the money should expect. But hey, I didnt see last game I decided to fish untill Childress is gone. With this devision, witch should be easy, if they make it to the playoffs they will be wiped out the first game depending on if a central division backs into the playoffs and we end up playing them.And that will be a toss up.

He's good but I don't think he's meeting up to a majority of the people's expectations....

Then I'm in the minority.

If you look at our defense as a whole, it has improved significantly since Allen arrived. He might not be getting the numbers, but if you look at the big picture it was money well spent.

Originally Posted By: Team Otter
He's good but I don't think he's meeting up to a majority of the people's expectations....

Then I'm in the minority.

If you look at our defense as a whole, it has improved significantly since Allen arrived. He might not be getting the numbers, but if you look at the big picture it was money well spent.

I agree with the Wadinator

never knew the whole defense is better just because of Allen's presence. There are other people on the defense that have improved to make it better, so it's not all on Allen

Can you name them? Can you prove or disprove that Allen hasn't helped those "other players" improve. Our D seems way better than last year and it is virtually the same players on the field with the exception of Allen. I would say he is a great pickup, but you can't say that he's worth the money until he has a few more good seasons under his belt. And this season is far from over. We will see, but for now he seems like a great addition.

He's good but I don't think he's meeting up to a majority of the people's expectations. I wouldn't think we paid big for a guy that has a lot of "hurries" and very few sacks.

I agree Team Otter...he's good but he certainly hasn't been "amazing" so far.

I read a neat article in the Wisconsin Outdoor News about Allen going on a bear hunt with a WI teen that has leukemia. He seems like a really good guy. The NFL needs more guys like that in the league!