Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
SledNeck

Dream Waterfowl Hunt...where would u go if u could?

Me................

I wanna watch the sun come up and hear the rush of wings coming into the "secret" decoy formation. I want to breathe the crisp autumn air and feel the recoil of the 3.5 shells exploding toward their targets...and the subsequent splash as one of God's creations falls swiftly back to earth.........The satisfaction of a good hunt with good people and knowing you were handy enough with the steel that you shall eat well tonite.......

all In Dan Z's boat!

201007926_a74c2c11b1_m.jpg

I would love to make a trip to Canada or Argentina. I have seen some hunting shows that have great hunt in both places. Unfortunately my check card tells me to stay in the Fly way of South Dakota for a mixed bag hunt of ducks, geese and of course pheasants.

my dream hunt would start in saskatchewan and I would hunt the migration all the way down to mississippi. stopping in North Dakota, Minnesota, missouri, nebraska, oklahoma and texas.

well I would prolly wanna hunt arkansas with the duck commander. but thier are lots of places I would like to go but I always tell myself if I can shoot em here why leave.

Me................

I wanna watch the sun come up and hear the rush of wings coming into the "secret" decoy formation. I want to breathe the crisp autumn air and feel the recoil of the 3.5 shells exploding toward their targets...and the subsequent splash as one of God's creations falls swiftly back to earth.........The satisfaction of a good hunt with good people and knowing you were handy enough with the steel that you shall eat well tonite.......

all In Dan Z's boat!

201007926_a74c2c11b1_m.jpg

well I always have room all ya gotta do is drive over/down and I will take ya

I would say in New Zealand I hear it's absolutely phenomenal there. The other spot I would want to hunt is somewhere on the NE coast hunting sea ducks.

I can't decide but I think I'd lean towards somewhere in a very remote part of Saskatchewan or Alberta where the birds weren't decoy shy, there wasn't another hunter for 10 miles, the landscape was large and very panoramic, and birds everywhere. Whew, I think I need to sit down for a minute. Cool!

I would say in New Zealand I hear it's absolutely phenomenal there. The other spot I would want to hunt is somewhere on the NE coast hunting sea ducks.

I got a chance to go to Maine and hunt sea ducks last November, it was a blast, but man are those Eiders hard to kill. A lot different than hunting here is Minnesota.

Here's a link to a live camera that's on the reserve all the time. You can zoom in and out and see what's active at the marsh all the time. It's actually really helpful. If you watch it every day, you can tell when the migrations are leaving, thereby telling you when abouts they'll be in our area, since this is pretty much straight north of us.

http://www.oakhammockmarsh.ca/nature/live-video/index.html

Originally Posted By: fritz179

I got a chance to go to Maine and hunt sea ducks last November, it was a blast, but man are those Eiders hard to kill. A lot different than hunting here is Minnesota.

Did you do it through a guide or someone you know? Have any success?

Best dream hunt would be back as a kid the first time my brother and I saw Bluebills pile into the dekes with our dad and other buddies.

the White river in Arkansas or Argentina but I guess I'll settle for Minnesota this year and its been pretty good so far and I'm not dreaming!

Originally Posted By: jeepguy
Originally Posted By: fritz179

Did you do it through a guide or someone you know? Have any success?

Yea, I went with a Guide service called Penobscot Guide Service. I will try to post a picture (i need to figure out how) and they are a little grainy because I left my digital on the charger when I left for the airport and had to settle with some throw aways I bought at a rite aid pharmacy at 2 am somewhere in new hamshire on my way to maine from boston. Anyways, it was nice because I got to go along with my uncle and it was sponsored by the corporation he works for. We were setup for 3 days of hunting. Day 1 was awesome, limits by noon. Day 2 was so-so, and day three the weather turned dangerous so we could not even venture out.

Those are some awesome pics! Looks like a fun time and whole different type of waterfowl expierence. I'll get out there someday.

Though it's not incredibly exotic, I really liked The Pas when I was there 9 years ago. Hunted some really neat places up there and met some really good people. I need to get back there one of these days.

Argentina would be my choice for dream trips. Oddly enough, I had several Latin American and South American co-workers out for dinner last night. One was from Argentina, but I doubt she knew much about the duck hunting.