• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

a doe, a deer, a turkey, and a coon

I got out with the new camera today and found many willing subjects as well as many not so willing, including some nice bucks! This is my first try at editing picture taken with the new camera. critiques are very welcome!

Brother and Sister

brotherandsister.jpg

Up a tree

coonintree.jpg

The getaway

doejumpingoverlog.jpg

Twins

fawns.jpg

Forkhorn

forkhorn.jpg

Times gone by

oldbarn.jpg

Bandit

racoon.jpg

Little Guy

scaredlittlecoon.jpg

Gobble Gobble

turkey.jpg

Congratulations on the new camera. Looks like all of these were shot in the program mode, or landscape mode. The camera will try and make the proper decisions for you based on the lighting.

The flash fired in a number of these shots because the light levels were low. The reason a few of these were underexposed is because your on board flash is only strong enough to reach out around 12' - 15'. The first deer shot and the one standing in the field are located outside the range of the flash so they ended up being a bit underexposed.

Its great to use all these modes on your camera to get familiar with what they each do. Your manual will be a good guide for you as well. Eventually you will get more comfortable and will find you use Av, Tv or Manual to try and take more control over what your camera is doing.

For now enjoy and take photos! Spend a bit of time looking at each of your shots and try and see what the camera was trying to do you will learn a lot.

If you take a look at the top of the forum you will find a sticky on photo basics that has some good information on getting started, especially with a DSLR. Photography basics here Good luck and keep shooting!

Thanks for the advice guys! I shot these all in auto and tried to touch them up a bit with editing software. I need some practice with the different settings before I try using them on live subjects that are not too interested in standing around while i try to adjust the settings! I think I will practice on still objects first.

I need some practice with the different settings before I try using them on live subjects that are not too interested in standing around while i try to adjust the settings! I think I will practice on still objects first.

sfg, you've just given yourself the best advice there is. You'll move on to different settings once you get the hang of them. smilesmile

Just keep having fun! gringrin

I really like the abandoned building, what a beautiful area. Depending on what is to the left and right of it that place might be a great subject for a panoramic shot, take a couple more and stitch them all together.