Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tdb

Jig 'n Pig Usage

5 posts in this topic

I always hear about the jig 'n pig as a great Fall bait. How should it be worked and where does it excel?

I think the jig is a good bait pretty much all year, but in the fall I tend to fish other lures. They do a really good job on object orientated fish though. Like those holding on dock and wood. Good luck!

Spot on the spot. Short casts, worked slow. In the fall I'd try to keep more contact with bottom rather than swiming. Some guys like to swim the jig for a different look but I usually would do more of that in summer. Work your jig around openings near remaining pads, around remaining docks, wood, rock, as well as greener shallow weed clumps. Don't automatically think there are no fish left on the deeper weed edge either. Find that edge and I'm sure on most lakes you'll still find fish. Remember to fish slow and watch your line while jig is sinking for any sudden odd movements that may indicate a bump or strike from a suspended Bass. Hope this helps.

yeah listen to fever WATCH THE LINE yesterday when i was out we didnt feel one bite all you would see was just a twitch in the line

I think the jig is a good bait pretty much all year!

I would agree with you 100%! this is a great bait for the bass, and your always goign to get fish on it. THere is alot of different lures that you throw for different times of the year, but like tonka said, a jig is tough to beat.