• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris Prospector Pro Tracks?

Turkeynate1

Just wondering who has them and if they like them. Also, about how much do they cost? I've been debating getting some for my atv, but have also been thinking about getting a snowmobile. I like the idea of not having to maintain two machines. Thanks for any comments.

If you have other track systems thay you like I would love to hear about them. Thanks!

Raven&Nate,

I have the Mattracks for my sportsman 800. I like them enough that I do not need a snowmobile. They give me 17" to 18" of clearance and at 60mph there is a ton of throttle left. Three years ago I paid $4800.00 for the tracks.

somethingfishy will fill you in on the Prospectors as he has then for his sportsman 800.

AllSportsman800021.jpg

I have the Prospector Pro's on my 800, I get about 45mph out of the GPS with the tracks on even though the speedo is reading around 60. The tracks are going to take away about 1/3rd of your top speed. Also if you don't have atleast a 700cc machine dont waste your money on tracks as a 500 class machine really doesn't get the job done. The Prospector Pro's will give you minim al additional ground clearance but still keeps you going strong.

Prospector PRO's run under $4K with the mounting brackets.

Picture of the 500 when we first tried the tracks.

P1000675.jpg

The 800 with the tracks

P1010320.jpg

Lastly 2 shots of my 800 (top left and bottom right) and my buddies 700 (top right and bottom left) with tracks. His 700 has the standard Prospector Tracks from a few years ago.

P1010316.jpg

P1010321.jpg

Somethingfishy wrote:I get about 45mph out of the GPS with the tracks on even though the speedo is reading around 60. The tracks are going to take away about 1/3rd of your top speed.

That's what I thought.

Thanks for the photos and responses. Those machines look great! How easy are the prospector tracks to put on and off. Can you easily switch between the tracks and tires? Is a rookie like myself able to do it? Thanks again!

Thanks for the photos and responses. Those machines look great! How easy are the prospector tracks to put on and off. Can you easily switch between the tracks and tires? Is a rookie like myself able to do it? Thanks again!

After the initial install it's not too bad as you can see and know where everything goes. Removing the tracks by myself took about 2 hours but I was in no rush. The downside is that you have to remove the entire mounting brackets as otherwise it will cause damage to your rims and there is more to catch rocks and loigs on. I tried to leave the brackets on with a 12" wheel, you may not need to remove the brackets with a 14" wheel but I would remove them anyways so as not to have any conflicts.

I propose a little "party" for all of us with tracks to get together and get these machines prepped for the winter one by one nsince it is a slightlt time consuming task. Then head out once the snow flies for a tracked ATV group ride.

What about the Mattracks, do they go on and off quickly? I wouldn't imagine swapping them on and off a whole lot, but more curious if I could install them myself. Thanks again guys.

Those are the types of machines I think would be great for some back country laker action in NW Ontario!

Once the Mattrack's brackets are installed, (easily done yourself) you don't need to take the brackets off when swapping from tires to tracks. As far as I know, Mattracks is the only all-season track system, too. About double the price but, that depends on your terrain needs.

There are some zerk fittings on the Mattracks. That's the only maintenance I know of.

My prospectors pros are the same way. I put the machine in the heated garage to melt all the snow off after every use, then grease them up depending on the conditions and amount of use.

For a good comparison visit: ATVTRACKS DOT NET, very good people to work with that know their stuff when it comes to tracks.