• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brook trout lake fishing-Fall tactics

Hooliganz

Will be in Ely area Brook trout lake fishing this weekend. Do you usually use worms on a plain hook under a slip bobber. Or would it be more productive to be shallow casting spinners this time of year?

Thanks for info.

I think both would work-could also troll some cowbells w/ a crawler or cast small spoons. Also heard wooly buggers on a fly work well in the fall. I'm new at fall brookie fishing but will be trying some of the same tactics. Oh and planer boards will small cranks.

redhooks

Location, not lure choice is the key to catching fall Brookies. If you can find them, more than likely you should be able to catch them. The fall season is when Brook Trout spawn, as I'm sure you know. And they must spawn upon underwater springs to be successful. They start hanging out around the springs a month or more before they spawn. Actually they could be hanging around the springs all summer long for water temperature relief. Anyways, locate your springs and you've located your Brook Trout. Throw the kitchen sink at them. If they're on, you'll catch them. If they're not, you won't. I've found that they are on at least one day out of three. Sometimes two, and occasionally three. I use hand tied jigs myself, only because they are easy to fish, they're cheap, and they work.

mooseandirish7.jpg