• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Slow Opener near Montivideo

We saw birds, but the corn was definatley a problem. Birds were holding really tight and our dogs were missing a few of them. Almost stepped on a couple of hens that the dogs ran by. Couldnt understand it, good experienced labs. We had 5 guys and 4 labs, 3 of which are decent dogs at this point. We did get 2 roosters. Saw a couple of others. Probably saw 8-10 hens througout the day. Were going to the Starbuck/Cyrus area this weekend. If the pheasants are still slow I hear the ducks are crazy up there. Should be better pheasant hunting in 3-4 weeks once the corn comes out. I sure hope so.

We need some moisture to get the scent to stay a little longer. I have good dogs and I know when it is this dry that they are bound to miss some birds. Walk extra slow and let them work and run the area well and you won't miss as many. Good luck this next weekend!