• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big Buck from ND- 07

I finally realized i should post this because I know that he will not.

A good family friend of ours lives in North central North Dakota. His family has a large farm that covers a great deal of turf. A mile North of his house last october they found a shed, just one side, of a buck that was like nothing they had ever seen before. He thought that buck was definately gone forever, but finding the shed was cool enough for him.

The Saturday after thanksgiving of last year he and 3 family members went to the location they had found the shed. The left the area for the whole season in hopes the big boy would be there for the grand finale. He and another guy posted the strip of woods, while the other 2 or 3 drove to them. Almost right away the big guy ran and out and our good family friend took him down at about 100 yards. Here are a few pictures of him with the buck, and then his son with the buck.

I know nothing of a score or anything, but i think he said the deer was 5.5 years old.

barton2.jpg

todd2.jpg

barton1.jpg

Super awesome deer Jeremy, but show us an official score sheet on that bad boy.

Not even close to a 190 inch buck.

Spread is 20 inches I guess.

Its a mainframe 10 pt. I would guess maybe 155 without the additional "stuff"

Additional inches from stickers/forks might be another 15 inches from what I can see.

I am going to go with about 170 to 175.

Incredible BUCK! That I know.

BLB are talking about my buck not scoring that high?

If yes...it was measured by an offical scorer at the mn deer classic. They said it would be in the MN record book so if anyone has one take a look. I never did look and they said if I wanted to enter it in B&C it would cost like $50. Not worth it to have my name printed somewhere. I'd rather buy something that would help get another one. Offical net was 196 6/8 I believe. Pics do not do justice. I have a couple of his sheds too.

Here's another look.

buck1.jpg

way over 15 inches of additional antlers length. mainframe 10 is a ten pointer with no points added that protrude from another point. any point coming off another is abnormal, a crab claw is abnormal, kickers, stickers, drop tines are abnormal. pretty much any point not coming off of the top of main beam is abnormal. way over 15 inches of antler are abnormal.

trust me i know, my buck from bow opener was what we all call a 16 pointer. however, mainframe 10. 6 points were abnormal, and went to the non typical category. 185 1/8 gross, 177 5/8 net nontypical. the difference in the two scores are the differences in symmetry of the mainframe 10 alone.

you learn a lot by watching as how they are scored.