• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anybody own the guide series butchering kit from GM?

Christopher Quast

40 bucks for a set of meat cutting knives is a joke. Might as well buy a few P-38 can openers. I process wild game during the seasons. I'd recommend a couple of boning knives, a 12 inch steak knife, a boning hook, a steel, a fine grade shapening stone & a dedicated skinning knife. I prefer the Forschner products. If you would be interested I'l give you the product numbers. Or, I could take a few pics and send them to you. You would spend a few more bucks but, if you are going to do the job get the tools that are designed for it. Buying those gimmickery sets are like trying to loosen a nut with pliers instead of using the proper wrench.

i own a set and i like them for the money. yea its cheaper than others but im also a poor college student. Last year i used it to cut up a doe and i thought it worked great and it got the job done. I did have one handle break on me on one of the knives and i took it back and they gave me a new set and have yet to have one break. So really it all depends on if you wanna spend money on a nice set or one thats cheaper and will work just fine.