• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

****2008 World Series Tread****

bassNspear

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever think that sometimes that certain elements of games involving the red sox, might be somehow "adjusted" by certain powers that be?

come backs from 3-1 alcs in 3 of 5 years? Does this once in a lifetime stuff just happen.......3 times?

I think if Boston wins Game 7, they sweep the Phils.

Man, you guys apparently haven't watched the Phillies play any games this year. Why all the hating on the Phils??? They are an excellent team, and the Rays could be in trouble. I picked Phils/Rays WS at the beginning, before any games were played, and I say Phillies in 6

I will be pulling for the Rays for 3 reasons:

Reason Number 1 - They are not Boston or New York!

Reason Number 2 - It is their first time and they have one of the lowest payrolls in MLB, further irritating Boston and New York!

Reason Number 3 - They beat my beloved Pale Hose so at least I can say that we lost to the World Series Champs!

Windy

[PoorWordUsage] Delmon's only 23. He'll come along. The trade will eventually pan out for both teams... Just doesn't look so good now does it lol.

Even without Garza, our rotation was great. Wasn't much of a weak link that Garza would have exactly replaced.

1 (1) Yankees $209,081,579

2 (9) Tigers $138,685,197

3 (3) Mets $138,293,378

4 (2) Red Sox $133,440,037 playoffs

5 (4) White Sox $121,152,667 playoffs

6 (5) Angels $119,216,333 playoffs

7 (8) Cubs $118,595,833 playoffs

8 (6) Dodgers $118,536,038 playoffs

9 (7) Mariners $117,993,982

10 (13) Braves $102,424,018

11 (12) Cardinals $100,624,450

12 (17) Blue Jays $98,641,957

13 (14) Phillies $98,269,881 playoffs

14 (15) Astros $88,930,415

15 (18) Brewers $81,004,167 playoffs

29 (30) Rays $43,820,598 playoffs

They Rays are the only team not in teh top 15 in payroll to make the playoffs

nothing agst the Phils. just agst the NL. It could be the Dodgers or anyone else,,, when you look at the difference in W-L % in interleague play and your an AL fan,,, well, I hope TB sweeps the Phils.,, thou I think it will be good series since it's Tampa and not much experiece.

Tampa in 6

What would Manny have hit if he played all games in NL this year?? What would Jones,Pujols hit if they played in the AL??

All 3 are great hitters,, but in my mind, Manny hits around .380 in NL and JOnes and Pujols hit around .333

AL has dominated interleague play, not becasue of the DH, but becasue of pitching,, especially the closers.

Windy--

#4-- they win and the Cubs don't. Another team that wins a world championship that wasn't even dreamed of in 1908 or 1945 or ... does it matter. ANother nail in the coffin of the Cubs.

Heck even if the Phils win,, it's a nail in the coffin of the Cubs--- the losingest franchise in all of pro sports wins a title before the vaunted Cubs. That's a curse that gets better (worse) even with the Cubs 'dreaming of next year'.

I agree,, it's one year. Not a trade,, but look at Joe Mauer and Mark Prior. Then again he went to the Cubs,, all bets are off after that.

The thought that Prior or Mauer was even a question mark like Leaf or Manning back in the day is almost laughable. Is Prior ever going to play again?

You guys all know how I feel about the Cubbies, but back in his day people thought Prior was the cats pajama's. He was supposed to have the perfect delivery vs his teammate Kerry Wood who was the gunslinger and who they predicted would have arm trouble through his career. Then Prior started with the little nicks and dings and all of a sudden he turned into one of those brittle pitchers that could not pitch unless he was 100% plus. He could not pitch with pain. There is a difference between being hurt and being injured, look at Nolan Ryan. He took the ball every time. Now the Cubbies sign another pitcher who is notorious for being on the IR, Rich Harden. You think they would have learned with Prior. Oh well, enough Cubbie bashing, though I got to say that back in the day Prior was supposed to be the second coming...he just never did!

Windy