• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clark Kent Fasteel

Saw this thread and I picked up some Kent 3.5 #3s. Ill see how they compare to the black cloud #2s Ive been shooting. Maybe its just in my head but It doesnt seem that black clouds killing range is any better than run of the mill steel shot.

I've shot Fasteel #2's for pheasants for a while now. I must say the pellets seem to be much more uniform and round than other shot I've used. Picked up black cloud #2 for ducks last trip and did pretty well with both. I say use Fasteel, for the price you can't beat it. But whatever you have confidence in is probably what you'll shoot best

I have shot Fast Steel since they came out and love them. I was going to say good shell for the prices, but in my opinion - good shell no matter the price. Love the fps on their loads and have shot much better since switching.

Like mentioned earlier, they are not a miracle shell and you should pattern your gun to know what is best. I definitely know there are choke and shot size combos I need to stay away from with my old 1100 duck gun. Never had any ejecting problems through my 20+ year old 1100 with them. Yes I said an 1100 with no ejecting issues - it is true.

It is also a very clean 1100 then.....

Here's another guy with very minimal jamming in his 1100.

All I shoot is FastSteel, I find it to be a great shell. But I have had people tell me that they shot at geese from only 20 yds away and the BB's bounced off....I told them they missed......

Hunted ducks this weekend in the Rapids area and did very well. I had a lot of trouble "killing" the birds on the first shot however. It took two and sometimes three to finish the job. I was shooting Winchester 3" #4.. I had some old federal 2 3/4 mag 4's that worked great. What's the deal with new shells? Any words of wisdom regarding brands?