• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HELP which tires

I need tires for my 2004 F-150 FX4 Supercrew. Costco has the Michelin LTX M/S and Michelin LTX A/T2. Anybody have good luck with these.

Also checking out Bridgestone Dueler REVO.

All advice and recomendations (these or others) greatly appreciated.

Where else to buy also

Thanks ANDY

Those Michelins are (or were) top of the line and expensive. They came stock on my 01 Ram 2500. We tried the REVO but they wear awful fast. Ended up going with the Dunlop Radial Rovers, inexpensive, good traction and wear. Also use the BF goodrich rugged trail on the newer truck.

Not saying they are the best or what ever, just saying that i had them and they run good and wear good.

There are at least 50 tires that would work great on your truck. It all depends on what you're looking for.

Do you want a very comfortable, highway ride?

Mega towing capacity?

Very high mileage (say 100,000 miles and then retread)?

Real cool looking MT's that will suck up 5mpg's?

Good in snow? Good on ice?

Good on gravel?

Provisions for studs?

Low Noise?

How much money do you want to spend?

Those Michelin LTX M/S or LTX A/T2 are good tires, one is a bit more aggressive than the other. Some folk's say the traction on the LTX M/S really blows on wet grass. I had them on a Suburban and the ride was good, mpg was decent, dry and wet traction was ok, snow/ice ok but not great, decent for towing but not an AT or MT if that's what you need. You should search for similar threads on this site (it has been rehashed a few times recently) and truck enthusists sites.

Thanks to all that replied and keep em coming.

I'm leaning towards the Mich. LTX A/T2.

The more I look into the REVO the less I like them. Lots of noise complaints from 1/2 tread on, low tread life, and a real rock chucker.

I might check out TOYO yet.

Thanks again

ANDY

Just remember, the Michelin is more of a road tire than the Revo. The Revo will have better offroad capabilities, but they do wear quickly. I have had best luck all around with BFG's, but they catch a few rocks also. I do use my truck offroad though, so I need a more aggressive tire than a road tire.

FWIW, I am an off-brand guy.Learned that from old buddy who managed a tire wharehouse who could get me anything I wanted. Still quality but much less price, in his opinion anyway, and it worked for me.

Have had good luck with Kumho Venture AT's, Hercules Terra Traks (not around anymore I don't think) and now I have some MultiMile Wild Country XTX. I like the XTX, just had truck in wet mud up duck hunting, and had it in corn fields in NoDak, and the normal logging roads. Works just fine. Not noisy, looks sort of like the Kelly pattern of AT. I got load range D, and like them. Saved tons over the BFG I used to run, and they just work seem to work as good for me.

Good luck.

I got some Bridgestones ( I think) from Sam's Club for my wifes Malibu - I thought they would cost more, but they were okay. Great price and the tires were really good. I wish I could recall the make/brand, but good prices and I gotta say they took really good care of us.