• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

An AP Observation...

riverrat56

So after watching Adrian Peterson play the last 2 years, I am convinced he is truly a great RB and if he stay healthy has the potential to be one of the greatest.

But sometimes I think he looks for the big play too often, especially when running between the tackles. A few times in the last couple games there was a hole, but he missed it because he does not take the ball at full speed. AP uses this so that he can have a burst of speed when he turns the corner or hits the open feild, and it is very effictive. But when running inside I just feel he should be taking the ball and moving vertically right away.

When the line is "Zone Blocking" he does need to stutter step and be patient, waiting for a seem to open up, but I saw once early in the game today (before my nice nap) that a trap was called, and a hole had opened up but Peterson missed it because he did not take the ball at full speed.

Just a little nit picky thing but has anyone else noticed this?

Well the announcers mentioned something today about the coaches telling him to take what he can get more often instead of looking for the home run. Today i noticed a few times where he ran it up in there real hard where the cutback lane was wide open. I don't know if you tell a runner like AP this kind of stuff. Its a tough one because the home run ability is what makes him special.

I was asleep for a good portion of the game so I guess I missed the anouncers talking about him.

Agreed though that he does need to have his own style and I think that play calling holds him back. We need to spread the feild 4 wide, or trips and a slot opposite and give him the ball more. Or go tight and swing him out to the flats.

All I know is a lot of potential was wasted today for me in fantasy football, as well as for many others around the world. He has the highest ownership percentage in my roto, H2H, and salary cap league, so there were plenty of disappointed fans. Today should have been a cakewalk against that defense. They Vikes have hit some long plays, but still not enough to loosen things up for Peterson. He's still seeing a lot of guys in the box, and something is different because he found a way to shake free from loaded lines last year.

6 games into it last year he had 670 and 5 scores. This year he has 563 yards and 3 scores. This year it has taken him 21 more carries to get there. I would have figured with more touches and an expanded offense he would have done more, cause last year at this time he was still splitting carries. Frustrating as a AD FFB owner. Close to on pace but I feel like he really hasn't broken any long ones. I won't rush to judgment yet, he's due for some home runs and the Vikings will need every point they can get.

I think what we are all seeing is the loss of their FB Tony Richardson from last year. He was in the probowl for good reason. Thomas Tapeh was brought in to replace him and has been on the bench. A good FB can make or break a RB's season.

Some research was done by on of the after game show and said that most of the break out runs he had last year were done on a single back set up. I root for AP because he's a viking and not on my fantasy team. It seems as if we abandoned the run and concentrate more on the horrible passing game.

I think the Vikings coaching staff ruined the guy. Last year he was the best natural running back in the league but Chilly thought they could improve on his footwork. That's what they did during the off season is work with him on improving his footwork. I don't like the result. Turn him loose.