• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HB plug on Lowrance xducer???

katoguy

Question

I bought a new Skeeter. The boat came with a Lowrance X135 with a ducer epoxied in the bilge area. The unit worked well at high speed on the maiden voyage. I pulled the X135 out of the dash and installed a HB side imaging unit. I left the Lowrance ducer in and epoxied a HB ducer just in front of it (in case I sell the boat, etc... the Lowrance ducer could still be used). I also hung a SI ducer off the jackplate for SI function.

Yesterday (2nd time out with the boat) I was not able to get a good high-speed reading on the HB. So here is my question. Since both units operate on 200 kHz, and both only have 3-pins would there be any issues with cutting off the Lowrance plug end from the Lowrance ducer, and soldering on the HB plug? Interference issue? Anything else to be aware of? This would only be for downlooking, high-speed use. I would leave the HB unit on the 200 kHz setting for this usage.

Thanks for your time.

2 answers to this question

I would think the Bird ducer is set up for that brand graph and that the Low ducer wouldnt work but I could be wrong.

Them Bird ducers can use a little work if ya ask me. The plastic ducer cradle is junk. At least it is on mine and I think they are all the same arent they.