• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vikings 12 Lions 10

Northlander

That was an ugly game...although Frerotte had a few nice passes (and more than a few inaccurate passes....)

The play of the game to me didn't even happen on the actual playing field. It occurred after Berrians touchdown ~ he ran over to a group of older folks in wheel chairs and flipped the ball to an older gentleman in a wheel chair. The look on that guys face as he tightly gripped the ball was priceless. Way to go Bernard!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now thats funny! I hear that from all the cheese eaters at work. Try living in Superior Wi. and being a Vikings fan. Man my neighbors love me. grin

Hey Northlander, is there still like 100 bars on the one street in Superior. Back when I was in a band, used to play the Beach Club up there. That was back in 91 or so. Haven't been up there in a long time, but it brings up some good memories.

I saw that, was nice to give it to him.

I have to ask one question about a call yesterday. Do you guys really think that was a fumble that happened to Calvin Johnson yesterday?? It happened when he fell to the ground after the catch and he was clearly down and Leiber came and stripped the ball from him?? I thought that was one of the most horrible calls I have ever seeing the refs were nuts to say that was a fumble. Is it me or are the refs this year getting alot of heat for missed calls this year??

Someone please explain the choice to not go for the 2 pt conversion????

In what possible scenario would 1pt ever help given the score?

My initial reaction when I saw the PAT squad lined up was "W.T.F.?", but think about it...

If we go for two and don't get it, we give momentum right back to the Lions. Then if they walk down the field and score a TD, we're down by 9 points (two scores).

With our goal line offense, not getting the conversion was a very real possibility. Kicking the extra point GUARANTEED that we would not be down by more than one score after the Lions' next possession.

I hate Childress as much as anyone, but kicking the PAT was the right call.

the guys in white and black are terrible this year its just not our team either watched some other games and there just as bad the NFL is overrated and all about money now I hate the way its going. thiers like five good coaches in the league in my opinion and the other teams are just getting lucky with penalties and such dont know why I watch football maybe it to see how bad the league really is come on were 3-3 and tied for first in our division thats terrible

I saw that, was nice to give it to him.

I have to ask one question about a call yesterday. Do you guys really think that was a fumble that happened to Calvin Johnson yesterday?? It happened when he fell to the ground after the catch and he was clearly down and Leiber came and stripped the ball from him?? I thought that was one of the most horrible calls I have ever seeing the refs were nuts to say that was a fumble. Is it me or are the refs this year getting alot of heat for missed calls this year??

To me, it looked like it was on the way out before he hit the ground. It was loose and the Vikings helped it more.

If anything, it didn't look conclusive. Whatever way the ref saw it...that's the way it was going to stay.

The single point instead of two was the right call that early in the game.

As far as saying the Pack won over the Vikes due to bad reffing...I knew that would get someone fired up. Both teams played bad that day, but the Vikings won the battle by paying worse.

Some passes looked bad, but some were pretty good. Our protection and pass defense don't seem that great though. With all the money we spent on the defensive and offensive line, I expected a LOT more.

Wadinator, that is pretty much what Chili said today when he met with the media. Even though his chart said he should go for the 2 point conversion, he felt he didn't want to give the momentum back to the Lions plus he said 2 point conversions are only converted about 46% of the time so it would not be a "gimme" making the 2 points. I think he should have went for 2 just to show his offense he had faith in them getting the 2 points.

If you thought that Calvin Johnson fumbled that ball, then you have a great career as a NFL ref. And if you thought that chilly made the right call for kicking the PAT, then you have great career as the Vikes next coach.

Point is, those were 2 of the worst calls I have seen in years. Along with chillys punting with 2 minutes left down by 13. So if it was to early to go for 2 yesterday, then it must have been to late to go for 13 against tenessee, right?

Childress is horrible and the Vikes will never be anything with him as the coach.

Bus

They really should be 1-5 right now, not 3-3. They got the game gift wrapped to them in N.O. and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat against the Lions. Absoloutely pathetic. All I can say is I am glad I was out in a boat fishing and listening on the radio instead of wasting three hours watching this goof try and learn on the job how to coach a pro football team. Other than the Lions we are the laughingstock of the NFC.