Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lookingforluck

TV Antenna

12 posts in this topic

I am looking to adding a tv antenna to my wheelhouse. The question is do I get one of those ones that folds down into a tube like seen on many houses or can a guy use an amplified one inside of the house? Wondering what will work the best?

Thanks, LFL

I am looking to adding a tv antenna to my wheelhouse. The question is do I get one of those ones that folds down into a tube like seen on many houses or can a guy use an amplified one inside of the house? Wondering what will work the best?

Thanks, LFL

I'm not sure what would work best but I thought I would remind you By the end of the season you will need a digitable converter box. Being on the lake I think you should get better reception ounce they switch over to digital.

Thanks, I am also going to buy a new tv that will have the digital tuner built in, that way I will I will not have to many pieces to worry about. I know this has been discussed many times but I keep going back and forth between a AC/DC (like audiovox) tv or a regular 110v with an inverter. The reason I would opt not for the ac/dc tv is because I would like a tv/dvd combo and I am not sure I like the quality of options in the ac/dvd market.

Get a digital antenna as well.

There is no such thing.

All you need for the digital conversion is a standard, off the shelf UHF/VHF antenna. You could get by with a UHF only antenna, but FOX9 and KARE11 are going to be re-mapped into the VHF range when this is finished. They are currently in the UHF band so a UHF antenna works to get all of the MSP locals, but that is going to change next February.

I'm going to put the one on my wheel house that pulls down into the tube. I think they are only about fifty bucks. I thought about one that goes inside of a vehicle on the windshield and decided against it. I have an older 110v set with a built in DVD player, a didgital converter box and a generator. I can watch TV in the evening while I run the generator to charge batteries or just start the generator and watch it anytime that I want. I have a couple of small 30 amp hr batteries in my wheel house to keep the weight down and prefer not to use a 12v to 110v converter.

LOL Sandmann!! Those should be on the same shelf as the "Fan-Belt Buckles" right? Maybe they'll be on the shelf above, being they're bigger? wink Phred52

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd
Get a digital antenna as well.

There is no such thing.

All you need for the digital conversion is a standard, off the shelf UHF/VHF antenna. You could get by with a UHF only antenna, but FOX9 and KARE11 are going to be re-mapped into the VHF range when this is finished. They are currently in the UHF band so a UHF antenna works to get all of the MSP locals, but that is going to change next February.

How do you know if your antenna is UHF/VHF antenna or just a UHF antenna?

Blackjack in our area I'v read in the WestCentTrib we wont be required to have the new equipment,A license was granted for our transmiting area to prolong the change.

I did get a box anyway.

Quote:
How do you know if your antenna is UHF/VHF antenna or just a UHF antenna?

The VHF antenna Will be a bit bigger then the UHF antenna.

Here is a normal UHF antenna followed by a Bigger UHF/VHF antenna combo!

UHF Antenna.

uhf20antenna2km4.gif

Combo UHF/VHF Antenna.

uhfvhfqd5.jpg

uhfvhf1ix3.jpg

Its sittin here Havent used it I'm waiting till Feb.

I'll try it in the next few days & let ya know