Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skinnylee

camper conversion

5 posts in this topic

anybody have any ideas on putting drop down wheel system on a camper looking at a single axle or maybe a tandem axle looking for all ideas

skinnylee, Given the design of the camper axle, You're looking at re-building the axle assembly basically from scratch. A thought might be(with help from a friendly welding shop)removing the present axles, and designing a swing-arm assembly that'll support the weight you want to carry. A good shop should have no trouble doing this. With any luck, the new axle will bolt in place of the old one. Look at some of the designs out on the lake, that should give you a direction you might want to go. I hope this helps, Phred52

I have two campr houses an I dont mess with the axle, I get ten inch pvc an get a sawzall an the tube just slips to the ice, I skirt mine to. It's rare that I loose a fish, I mainly reach down an greabe them it it's a nice one. Boar

Keep in mind that if you put the drop axles on that you can only have a total width of 8'6". Depending on the width of the camper, you might have to fabricate it so the axles go up inside the house.