Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NAMASafetyDirector

Fire Wood Prices??

14 posts in this topic

Just curious what all you wood burners are paying (providing some of you buy your wood) in the southern part of the state per cord of firewood this season? I was wondering what the price difference was between the two ends of the state and the price per cord increase in relation to L.p., fuel oil etc.

$80/cord over here (NE) for Birch and/or Maple.

What are you paying in the NW?

Compared to the $3.70/gal for fuel oil I just paid it seems like a bargin.

Looking at anywhere from $65- $100 depending on what you get. Higher end at least for seasoned Oak lower end for Poplar.

NAMA, have you found anyone that delivers in 8' lengths? could you email me the names and numbers of people the sell fire wood that you know? cbouley@wiktel.com

Thanks

I just paid $85 per logger's cord (eight foot lengths stacked four feet high and four feet wide) for birch and $90 for maple up here in Ely. The five logger's cords I bought so far total four full cords when cut, split and stacked.

I have five more coming, for a cut/stacked/split total of eight, and we're expecting to save $1,500 this winter by burning wood over burning propane in our high-efficiency furnace.

Look on the list that Craig has on the .com.

He's got a fair amount of people trying to get rid of their wood.

I personally am much much higher than the prices listed already.

I paid $75 for a full cord of red oak (bought a truck load, 10 cords) here in NW Wis. I was lucky to get it for that because I've heard of it going for as high as $90.

I paid $75 for a full cord of red oak (bought a truck load, 10 cords) here in NW Wis. I was lucky to get it for that because I've heard of it going for as high as $90.

Is that logs? Or already split?

i recently had loggers in at my property and there is a ton of good wood on the ground.so if any one wants wood i can cut it up into 6ft lengths and haul it back to my house for a small fee witch would help me offset my fuel bill from going noth every weekend.

email lipripper04@HOTMAIL

Originally Posted By: snoozebutton

Is that logs? Or already split?

Full cord = 8 foot length, 4 feet high by 4 feet wide.

Look on the list that Craig has on the .com.

He's got a fair amount of people trying to get rid of their wood.

I personally am much much higher than the prices listed already.

Just curious, do you cut and split your own or do you buy from a wholesaler and re-sell?

We cut most of it ourselves, but we're always looking for people that want to get rid of wood at a price that will work too.