• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weekend Destinations

cjac

I'm headed to Sugar Lake in Annandale tomorrow AM, and likely one of the local muskie lakes on Sunday, followed with a St. Croix sturgeon run one night Sunday-Wednesday (the season closes the 15th).

What's everyone else have lined up, or likely already headed to or at?

Headed back out to Alex to see if the bite is staying hot. Been going strong for 2 weeks now, hopefully it stays that way through next week. Last week of fsihing coming up, then I have a conference in Vegas and then deer hunting is here.

bigfish1, I don't know about this time of year, but they've caught some nice muskies the last couple years from the Cannon near the hwy 52 bridge. You sometimes have to weed through a lot of other species, but bigger baits may discourage them. Good luck.

Ok, so how was everyone's weekend?

I got a 43-44 yesterday and my boat partner had an upper 30's/lower 40's on for about 10 seconds and lost it. I had another fish eat my bait too, but he was off after 20 seconds or so.

Had another follow this evening, very hot on a DCG. Went through 8-10 figure 8's and a couple circles. Every time I went high on the outside he'd open his mouth and flare his gills but not take the bait!!!! ARGH! Even did a lap on my dad's bulldawg nipping at the tail. Then we had another fish come in later and take a swing-n-a-miss at a daredevil.

Nice night, how'd you all fair?

Oh I should note, watched a 4 point buck swim ALL THE WAY across Forest Lake tonight on #1. When he got to the southern shore, he turned and went west for a while, then north, then south, then east and finally a pontoon followed him until he went up into a yard. He was swimming for at least an hour, kinda crazy to see down in the metro!

1 follow on Mille Lacs. Trip cut short due to lightning right at primetime Saturday night. Hard to win on that lake sometimes. If it's not wind, it's lightning. Oh well.

I was also chased off early Saturday by lightning. And then again today by a bee sting (I'm allergic to bees). The sting kit did the job but decided to head home afterward to be sure. No skis saw, but put a half dozen pike and a smallmouth in the boat. Surprised a 12" smallmouth would even bother to hit a 1.5 ounce spinnerbait.

Hit the west side of Tonka. Was hooked up briefly with one fish on a DCG, but that was it. Still to many crazies out for me. Had three boats cut in front of buoys I was fishing and I was only out for 3-4 hours... Not many musky guys out either.

sunday,fished Tonka 7am to 8pm, 2 follows, not even a pike, was very dead. saturday, mille lacs, fished rocks and weeds, dead see, 1 follow. bad weekend here, i thought the conditions seemed right, i am assuming somebody had to have nailed em this weekend somewhere, probably just depends on what lake you where on.

Warming trends in the fall usually mean slow fishing, at least until after the turnover is complete. Not sure if the storm Saturday night also turned them off.

This week looks pretty stable and with the full moon they should turn on at some point.

No fishing yet... did visit French Lake... was camping at Roberds Lake... water was very shallow... saw a nice Ranger... those three people I chatted with were very friendly... hope they had some luck...

Propster... you had hard time getting your Ranger in when we fished French... no way you could get the boat in now... water's more shallower at the launch compared to last time we fished it... Might would have better luck at Hoy's Resort for launching boat...

My weekend starts today... and I'll be heading up to Mille Lacs...

Not very many muskie fishermen on tonka??! I was there thursday and friday evenings and that was all I saw.

Was out after the Vikes game on the West side. Only saw maybe 3-4 musky boats all afternoon...

Were you on the East side? How'd you do?

Not sure about muskieboy, but we were east - Smiths, Maxwell, etc. Saw a few throwin', but not that many. Still lots of big boats though, some inconsiderate. I too thought that conditions would be prime to turn them on more than we experienced, though maybe the front wasn't as bad as originally forecast. Or more likely we just weren't on fish.

I hit Flake later in the morning on Sunday and ran into a little feeding frenzy, ended up with one mid 30's fish in the boat, 2 lost at boatside and a handful of follows. It didn't last long maybe a 30 mins or so... Always fun when that happens.

Thanks to the 2 guys that stopped by and snapped a pic for me.

RU