Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shack

Life is Good!

14 posts in this topic

When you do not have to cut the lawn any more grin

My boy is cutting the entire lawn by him self today, after many times and hours of teaching him how to run the mower:

HBS+p0Cu15nOs2npo+nG7IjpIiUoRYcw0300.jpg

My boy almost done at 6:49pm:

L3VAyk5Q4M8AEQKMofmRXIGBCnrcnVkM0300.jpg

He is 11, but is doing a good job.

Makes me think of the first time my old man let me cut the grass grin

I figure I would share. Pretty proud and getting him ready for next year wink

Even though things look rough in our country, one can still find enjoyment in the subtle things in life, like this smile.

I think that's awesome. He's got new responsibilities and you get a little more free time. It doesn't hurt that he gets to learn on a nice piece of equipment.

Ya, I will have to start hiring him out grin

Nice thing about him do it on his own now, fall time leaves grin

Thanks guys!

psssh, girls can cut grass as good as any guy. My neighbor is female and single and she's been cutting grass for the 20 y ears I've known her.

Isn't that the truth. My neighbor is a lawn Nazi and I can't keep up with her. She mows virtually every other day and fertilizes like a mad woman.... She is super cool though and has gave me some pointers.

ryan v, sorry man. absolutely no pun, harm intended. just trying to inject a bit of humor. i have 3 daughters of my own. and they cut lawn.

I know glenn!! I get VERY protective of my daughters. they are young, but I'm preparing for the day I have to put the fear of you-know-who in to any boy that crosses their path!!

i hear ya, but theres only so much you can say and do, THEN they start rebeling. i know. i try to get to know the individual fisrt, then past judgement. what ive found is that if,boyfriend-girlfriend isnt afriad to [PoorWordUsage] with ya they should be ok. if they dont want to be around when your there i think twice. IMO.

My Son (11) and Daughter (10) both enjoy driving the JD GT around the yard. They were both rather useful in helping move a couple of yards of dirt from the trailer to some new planting areas in the yard. Both of them had no problem using shovels or driving the garden tractor. They might as well start learning how to back up a vehical with a trailer attached. Nice picture of your son on the mower.