• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sugar Lake Muskies???

Its worth a try but don't expect much. I fished it all summer and only got one and limited follows. Granted I haven't fished muskies for long, but still put a bunch of hours out there. Same reports from others as well.

It's worth trying. It can be tough to have multiple fish days on the lake, but it is possible. The problem with Sugar, in my opinion, is that it is too small of a lake for the pressure it receives. I have heard of fish up to 55". The biggest I have seen was upper 40s. My best day on the lake was with a spinnerbait, but have also done well on topwater and jerkbaits.

I'm actually headed there tomorrow AM, so I'll post a report on here as well. I'll be looking for remaining green weeds, pulling some baits across the tops and along the edges.

Black Lund with a Yammy, say "hi" if you're out there as well.

Sugar has been a stumper since early July. Pick off a fish here and there but haven't put together a consistent pattern all year. It's no secret Alex has been cranking out the nice fish lately and I'd say it's definitely worth the extra miles. Hoping for better things to come after turnover on Sugar, wouldn't write it off the list for good. Last year at this time it was alot of fun but this year it just sucks.

Lonewolf:

If you do decide to head to Alex, the weed edges have been were its at. Seems that right on the very outside edge of the weeds is where the fish are holding. All been on double tens for me and my buddies! Good luck to you.

I moved a couple fish on Sugar today, one really nice fish that came in pretty hot but just kinda hung around. A couple lazy turns, then it came in and parked in the middle of my 8 pattern. Little better execution and speed and I might have got her to go, shoulda coulda woulda kind of deal......

Word of caution: The south access has a pretty big ridge built up from power loading, mostly rocks. Found it with my prop.....hard to see that when it's still dark when you're launching.