• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The one thing you always forget....

jakemcarroll

I am putting together my packing list for my first Pheasant Hunting trip this weekend with my fatehr in law. I put together what I think is a pretty respectable list. I've done some fishing trips and a lot of camping so I feel like I'm pretty well prepared for a weekend outdoors. I know that no matter how prepared I am for any trip I always drive 25 miles and hit myself in forehead because I forgot something, usually nothing important, but nonetheless somehting that would have been handy to have.

I thought it would be fun to see what everyone's "one thing" is.

My biggest thing is forgetting the camera, done it a few times, or even worse...batteries for the camera!! Nothing worse than having to tell everyone about trip instead of being able to show them because you forget the camera.

Everything I need for a pheasant trip stays right in my vest all season long, that's what I love about pheasant hunting....the simplicity of gear needed vs other hunts where you need to fill the back of your truck with every new fun toy you bought all year long in anticipation of fall. smile When I get home from a hunt I re-stock my vest with shells so whenever one of those spur of the moment hunts pops up I'm ready to go!

Can't wait to see those tailfeathers rocketing skyward tomorrow! Good luck to all!!

I always end up with only one glove. I can never find out where all the others go, but I always lose one from the time I pack to the time I get to where I am going. An extra set of car keys are always helpful and even more helpful is not locking both sets in the car.

Everything I need for a pheasant trip stays right in my vest all season long, that's what I love about pheasant hunting....the simplicity of gear needed vs other hunts where you need to fill the back of your truck with every new fun toy you bought all year long in anticipation of fall. smile When I get home from a hunt I re-stock my vest with shells so whenever one of those spur of the moment hunts pops up I'm ready to go!

Can't wait to see those tailfeathers rocketing skyward tomorrow! Good luck to all!!

That's about right on the money, shoot 2 kill. Sunglasses, shock collar, Shock collar remote, leash (for the dog when your hunting group stands around and talks on the road)water for you and the dog, these are just a few more things I try to bring.

if we forget something most time its the calls in the car at the landing. maybe the gloves. if you ever forget the TP you can cut of one of sleeve on your shirt and use that been there done that it works.

I've never forgotten them before but this weekend I forgot my matches. I was very disappointed when trying to make our scrambled eggs on the road by the WMA as we waited for 9:00 and there weren't any matches to start the coleman. Luckily I found my magnesium/flint firestarter to get the stove going and get our tummies filled.