• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How long do your batteries last?

Jaspernuts

I have a converted camper for a fish house and run an invertor off deep cycles. I run a 19 inch tv and 2 lights. I only get about 2- 2.5 hrs off a battery. What are u guys getting with similiar setups? Think my batteries are getting weak?

Switch to a LCD tv and you will get a lot more time. I have a 9 inch lcd and get about 10-11 hours with that a sat receiver and a light on with a series 29 battery. Check the power rating of the TV and compare to other models. My guess is that 19 inch uses a boatload of power.

Jaspernuts, You might also want to check out the inverters at Menards, brand name is "Peak". I run a 700 watt inverter and I'm very happy with it. Regarding the LCD TV, Stay away from the TruTech at Target and the DuraBrand and ILO at Wallyworld(built by the same company). Bought a set for my girls room and with less than 5 months on it, it's shot!! Target won't help and the ALCO company won't even respond! Buy at your OWN RISK, And BEWARE!! I have the receipt and Target won't touch it! Goes to show you the 'faith' they have in the products they carry!! Spend a little more and get some Quality! From now on, I will!! Phred52