• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

On the hard water

Vex

Last year was a very good long ice year. My first ice was 3.5inches on November 30th. My last ice was late March. You gotta love it.

Over the last few years it has been mostly in mid to late December but I remember a few as late as mid January.

I remember going to the Ice show Friday in St. Paul (not sure when the date was) I bought a Yukon and Saturday morning me and a buddy drove up into the Alexandia area and fished on Lake Osekis (forgive the spelling, i am from Missouri!) on 3 inches of ice! I am wondering when early ice will hit northern minnesota???? I will be in the car roadtripping that first weekend that i hear people are fishing the hard water!

not sure i would say somewhere in the late november and then about 10 inches of snow fell and messed up the ice for a long time. we had an awesome cold snap that was making ice like crazy an then the snow came and...errrgh!!! anyways i know it was good early and then caused problems up by DL.

I bought my Frabill prowler on the Friday of the ice fishing show last year and was on Rush the next morning on 3'' of ice....then that night the snow came.....and I was on the ice again that day...and lots of water was coming up the holes.