• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Battery Operated Aerator

Question

4 answers to this question

Robert, I have a Fish Saver which has 3 suction cups to secure on bottom of tank/bucket and a pipe to spray water back down. There is also Bubble Saver which operates on 1.5 D batteries and clips on side of bucket.
Another way it to purchase a small bilge pump (100/300gpm) and rig up small PVC pipes to aerate tank.

I use mine in a 5gals bucket.

Oh yeah. Reversing a bilge pump and sticking it in the bottom of a bucket works great.

You won't lose a minnow, even on a 95 degree day with the bucket in the direct sunlight.

Speaking from experience.

PCG

RObert

I've got an old ice chest like Phyl describes, and the pump that Valv describes, my pump is 12V. Works fine. Have kept bluegills alive all day when its 85, also kept bass and pike alive in it to. The ice chest was a freebie, and the pump was $20+/- at Fleet Farm.

If there is something I could gripe about, its the foam the pump makes by spraying the water. Oh well - its a cheap way to add a livewell to a boat that doesn't have one.

UG