Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Northland Sportsman

Windshield Recommendations

8 posts in this topic

I am looking for a windshield for my polaris sportsman for ice fishing this season. Any recommendations on where to get one at a decent price? The dealer ones look nice but are not cheap either. Thanks!

If you have a 2005 or newer sportsman get the Polaris Lock N Ride windshield ($120) very easy on and off. You get what you pay for.

I have a 700 King Quad, I picked up a factory one and am glad I did.My friend got one off the net for a lot less, but it lasted one trip across the lake. You get what you pay for. Just my thought!!

Hey SomethingFishy -

I see in your photos that you have the lower profile windshield on your Polaris. I may not be remembering correctly, but didn't you have the high profile windshield when we rode last January (or whenever that was)?

I'm looking at a windshield to use while plowing, to cut down on the spray etc. Seems like the high profile would be the way to go.

Any thoughts?

A lock and ride will fit on your 04, I just put one on my buddies last spring. The polaris ones are the best.

Hey SomethingFishy -

I see in your photos that you have the lower profile windshield on your Polaris. I may not be remembering correctly, but didn't you have the high profile windshield when we rode last January (or whenever that was)?

I'm looking at a windshield to use while plowing, to cut down on the spray etc. Seems like the high profile would be the way to go.

Any thoughts?

We have both the Tall clear windshield and also the shortblack one as well. We keep a windshield on year round.

I agree with getting the windshield from Polaris. My dad has one and it's a good, sturdy unit. It's not cheap, but it can be taken off and put on in under 30 seconds which is nice for transporting to and from the lake.