• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rain in the forcast for opener

The birds will still be out there, So should you! I love a nice lite rain the birds will hold tighter and not run as much. I think pheas like turkey would prefer to not be in thick grass in the rain.... Maybe willows...under dead falls if available... shelter belts with evergreen trees are huge.. Get out there and have fun...just remember to bring 3-4 pairs of boots and lots of dry socks

The birds will still be out there, So should you! I love a nice lite rain the birds will hold tighter and not run as much. I think pheas like turkey would prefer to not be in thick grass in the rain.... Maybe willows...under dead falls if available... shelter belts with evergreen trees are huge.. Get out there and have fun...just remember to bring 3-4 pairs of boots and lots of dry socks

Nothing better than hunting in the rain (hahaha)... Grouse numbers horrible up here cant wait to chase roosters in the rain tomorrow. Uplander we need chase some birds together soon. I will give you a call sometime this weekend.

If it is not a heavy rain not much will change. jiggin I dont think rain will confuse the dogs at all infact in some cases rain is good as it washes old scent away. I know when my pointer is on point in a decent rain there is almost always a bird there because old scent has been washed away. I would take a little rain over windy and dry from the dog aspect any day. adam

well, other than your dogs nose going to be confused, he will be flushing birds that arnt there.. other than that enjoy the hunt.

Rain has no effect on the dogs that I have ever noticed. The birds usually hold tighter in the rain which is nice for working with the dogs.