• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

duck boat paint

kc0myy

I just go paint tonight for my boat. I'm spraying the paint on my boat tomorrow. my queston is. I want to dilute (SP) the paint so I can spray it in a gun but to thin it I have mineral spirits. but ratio should I mix the two together? I looked and both cans and saw nothing for ratios. please help Thank you

we sprayed a canoe a fwe years back with an air gun use the normal method( a thinner mix than a drip you want it to fall of the mimxing strip but not run off like water just try and try agian you should get the right mixture eventually good luck and happy spraying

omg I am sorry I almost never look on this page lol. umm it turned out ok. the floor it wearing off which I thought it would. but otherwise it seems to be holding up fine. If you guys do do it. i would say to put a excelerator into the paint to help it cure faster. otherwise after i painted my boat i could not use it for like a week.

My buddy just painted my 14' boat and he used automotive paint through a cup gun....had to also get a reducer and hardner and the mixing ratio they gave us was 8oz paint to 1oz harderner and 1oz reducer but we went with 2oz reducer to get it to go through the gun......it looks amazing!! quick dry time.....we are putting it back on the trailer tonight!!! now we will have to paint the trailer later this summer

I done the outside last spring, Tried the boat out before season noticed a few small leaks. (this thing was junk 5 yrs ago) I bought the rubber coating much like what used in truck bedliners. Worked great, also toned down the sound of the boat.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.