• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Turn signals went out on 93 olds achieva

Does the indicator light up or flash on the dash?

You can try and wiggle around turn signal switch when in the down or up position to see if you can get it to work.

Could be flasher, multi-function (turn signal) switch or wiring issue.

If nothing lights up then I would find the flasher also. It should be under the dash to the right of the steering column. The purple wire should have power on it with it plugged in on the key on. The other wire should be hot with the key on all the time. It would be O.K. to use a jumper wire beteen the two terminals for the flasher to see if the turn signals light up.

It worked fine two days ago and yesterday I have nothing. Nothing on the dash lights up or on the exterior. I took a panel off under the steering column and since then I looked at a buddies manual that said I need to remove another cover so will dig deeper.

Yes!

Also it being a 93' anyways, you might as well start off with replacing the flasher for the signals. Even if it does not fix the concern, at least you have a new one in for when you get the concern fixed.

Well I finally found it. I was lucky it worked periodically and could trace the noise and vibration it made. It was to the right of the steering column and was attached to a clip that was on the frame in the dash. It was working sometimes and would stick on when I used the turn signals so I am hoping that was the problem, been working for 2 days now.