Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TiNK3R

Aqua-vu: 2 models whats the difference?

7 posts in this topic

I'm looking at two of the aqua-vu models and they're the same price but I'm not sure what the difference is. I'm not sure I can link the actual page but I can throw some pix in here.

Aqua-vu Explorer 5

aquavuscoutxlthimb.jpg

or the..

Aqua Vu Fish TV 7

3860299.jpg

The explorer is as it says a 5inch display while the fish tv 7 is 7. I'm worried about quality.

Any info is appreciated. thanks!

Tink3r,

The explorer has the new xplorer lighting so it is amazing at night as it virtually eliminates particle reflection. Besides this, it generally is just the screen size. Almost forget, the xplorer 5 also has a 12volt battery standard and I don't believe the Fishtv 7 does.

OH yeah that makes a huge difference. I plan on getting a gator electric ice auger that uses 12volts so I might as well get them all using the same type of battery.

Now that I think of it I do remember them saying like 10 c batterys when I was looking at them last year.

Good poing- thank you!

the first i notice is that the fish tv doesent have the sun shield. if you use your view before you put your ice up and your out atabout 11 in the am then this really helps you can put your face right into the shield (it also helps hold stuff in there too in the house. Second last time i saw the name "fish tv" the first thing i noticed about craftmanship was that the gage of the underwater cable was much smaller than that of oh say the marcum or the aqua view. im not sure if this is the same model, or a similar model, but something to keep in mind the bottom of the hole can be a sharp place to be putting cords.

If I were choosing between those two models, I would get the explorer 5 for sure. Especially if you plan to use it at night at all.

The cable in the Fish TV isn't kevlar re-enforced like the normal Aqua-Views, also the lb test strength isn't as high. Besides that, screen size and camera lighting quality.