• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

4 in the boat last night!!!!!

MUSKY18

Hit the water at 4:15 after work last night and didn't have very high hopes with the 16mph west wind that was howling! Boy was I wrong. First spot, first cast my brother raises a nice 44-45 incher. Bout 10 casts after that our other buddy drills a nice 41 on the eight at boatside. Things are looking better.......On to the next spot. I missed another 43-44 incher on the eight, just it just nipped at the back of the bucktail. Moved one other smaller fish on that structure. So its off to spot #3 for the evening. First cast raises nice fish for my brother.....couple more casts raises another fish, ended up moving 4 fish on that piece of structure. Got out to the tip and here comes another fish following my DCG. Round and round we go, bout turn #6, she tries to hit but misses. Keep going and she comes back and drills the lure in the eight (it was Pink/Pink for ya Reb). Nice, fat 43"er. Move to the next spot and 8-9 casts and our buddy nails a nice 48 3/4. Nothing else on that structure, so we go back to the point where I caught my 43. Bout half way through it, brother drills a nice fat 45. We, both then, miss to other fish. Just a great, cold night. Four fish in the boat, missed 3 others and saw few other fish. Fish were in a very aggressive mood....every follow was going round and round in the eights. Every fish was raised/caught on Double Cowgirls or Gerry's Girls. Big double tens are hott!!!!!

Nice evening Bret!!

I was just talking about you guys last night and the hot streak you guys are on.

I had a good night last night, boated 5 myself last night fishing on the St Croix! OK, not the right species, but fun!

00000004-1.jpg

Muskyman the phantom with or without the tail? or both and what color?

Both have been Productive "softtail" and no tail.

I seem to do better with the 7 1/2 inch ..the 6 inch does not seem to provide as much belly roll.

But they both have produced fish for me.

Pearch Pattern / Black / and Orange crush have been good colors.

I was out the other night water temp was 57

Best of Luck

Quote:
I had a good night last night, boated 5 myself last night fishing on the St Croix! OK, not the right species, but fun!

nothing wrong with that one right there. i just love trying to pull those off the bottom when they hit below the boat, lol. or did you get him on a top water? might sound funny but i've done it. only once but it was fun, lol. where were you cjac? general area of course.

good work musky18 and team, awsome seeing them still drippin' cool . bet it was a good nights sleep for all.

We launched a little north of Stillwater and headed downstream a bit.

Fun time for sure, we boated 20 fish, 4 over 40, with the biggest at 59 inches. Talk about power.....wow!

My point in posting on here was simply timing, as it was last night as well, but also......if you're in a muskie rut, mix it up once in a while and try something different. Bass fishing saved my morale and attitude towards fishing more than once this season. I wasn't looking to steal Bret's "thunder" of an incredible night at all, just sharing for fun!

After last night, I feel pumped up again about muskie fishing and can't wait to get out and chase some muskies. Fishing is supposed to be fun after all, not work, as we all do too much of that is it is. I also saw some guys fishing muskies on the river that gave me some new ideas!