• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bemidji state park area

USPENAMC

my brother was selected for the second year in a row to the BEMIDJI YOUTH SPECIAL HUNT. last year we had a blast he managed to get a buck in his sights but when he took off the safety the buck bolted. I hope we can get him his first deer this year.

on the other hand since my father will be sitting with him i plan to head to the local public lands for a chance to score for the first time this year. any tips/areas/locations/ deer movement you have been seeing would be great

I was out yesterday in the area and saw a few deer moving. Saw a decent 8 point buck. Last week someone shot a nice 12 point on public land near there. When are you hunting?

ac777,

I will be out there this weekend 17 i set up the stands and 18 and 19 we plan on hunting my brother for the special youth hunt with my dad. I will be near some spots i know THANKS TO WOODMAN.

WOODMAN,

Did you ever get lucky on any of those bucks you were after? Do you happen to know if any of the youth hunters took anything. As far as i knew on sunday when we left no one had registered a deer. I saw alot of deer but didnt get the does close enough. My brother saw a nice buck and as soon as he CLICKED off the safety he bolted along with 2 does. be sure to send me some pics if you get any just to get my brother PUMPED ha ha. my email address is my signature.

We have been seeing lots of does and fawns where you wil be heading, so hopefully they will walk by your brother when he is out there. Head down to where I showed you last year to hunt. I have not been back since my stand was stolen last year, so make sure you pull it every night! mad

Good luck and I will send you pictures as I get them!

Those big ones we just watched and drooled over, but they are nice to watch, and hopefully I can get some nice pictures of them if they are still around. I know of a 14 pointer that is in the area and still need to get him on film!

i know i saw a huge buck but it was on private property.. the one that has LLAMAS or whatever they are. I saw him both days eating on the edge of the tree line on whatever they had planted. there were 3 does with him both days too. Honestly I hope my brother gets something. I myself just want to see deer i dont care if I dont get a shot. Ive been out as much as I can out here and havent seen a thing while sitting on the stand. been to preston mn, houston, mn, local metro swamps, east bethel forest lake areas even rum river sf and NOTHING. Double washing my clothing for scent control and doing a bunch of extra stuff. putting in extra time on the stands and nothing. I want to know they are out there he he he. any good watering holes near your area or places to go eat?

SUCCESS,

First of all I would like to express our gratitude to WOODMAN SCOTT HANSON, who helped us last year and this year at the Lake Bemidji State park youth hunt. He went out of his way to place the blind with time since he lives near the area. My brother 15 got his first deer ever it was a large DOE I will post pictures once i get to learn how to post them on here

SUCCESS,

First of all I would like to express our gratitude to WOODMAN SCOTT HANSON, who helped us last year and this year at the Lake Bemidji State park youth hunt. He went out of his way to place the blind with time since he lives near the area. My brother 15 got his first deer ever it was a large DOE I will post pictures once i get to learn how to post them on here

You are more than welcome, the family and I were glad we could help! That hunt will be remembered by all of us and you! grin Hope the drive home was good and you didn't snore too much! Send ne the pictures.

Woodman,

you know we have never really tried doing venison tamales but im going to suggest it to my mom. Maybe we can cook up a batch and see by trial and error how they turn out any ways we will be sending some your way. dont forget to email me your address.

Tiffany said they used to make them all the time and they are very good. You may have to try it and come back and get some more deer. grin

I sent you some pics of what my camera captured in the back yard!

shocked

Email sent!