• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vikings: What to expect.

united jigsticker

I hope when you coach you put your players in a better posistion to succeed than Childress does. You shouldnt have to have pro bowl QB's and WR's to succeed. The bottom line is the QB mess is a direct result of Childress. As far as WR's, they brought in Berrian to be the downfield answer yet the only time they throw the ball deep to him is 3rd and 10 when everyone knows its a pass. He lets defenses dictate the gameplay at all times. He playes into the defenses hands 100% of the time. He doesnt make a defense think. Instead of trying to bring me down by saying my post was all run together how about you go through it and tell me exactly where i went wrong. What specifically was i wrong on?? Find something Childress has done right and prove me wrong.

Great post James....you hit the nail on the head with everything you stated. I am sick and tired of watching this worthless coach and his kick a$$ offense. apparently he cant count to 8 or 9...because they continue to run run run with 8 or 9 in the box....ridiculous. its time for him to update his resume....good riddance...

Hammer Handle...

whining about Childress may not help the team this year, but for you to defend him, especially being a coach, is amazing. Can he not figure out the simple fact that it is impossible to run the ball successfully with tight formations and 8-9 guys in the box? he has no business being an NFL head coach if he cant figure that out. Spread the field...doesnt mean you have to throw every time, but spread it out so Peterson has somewhere to run, and mix it up with short routes(isnt that what the kick a$$ offense is supposed to be? WCO?). How about play action once in awhile on 1st down? They did finally start to do this recently...he must have watched some ESPN and heard the commentators suggesting how predictable the offense is. Remember, last year this guy needed half the season to figure out that Peterson was their best running back...he is a genius! By the way, I didnt think Tice and Green were the greatest coaches either, but they were both much better than this knucklehead we have now...

I don't expect miracles with this offense. But i expect a supposed offensive guru to be able to have the ability to call plays to at least keep a defense offbalance. The playcalling just plays right into the hands of what a defense wants to do against the vikings. No effort go get the ball downfield on 1st down lets a defense stack the box, they know the vikings won't even attempt to make them pay for that. Refusing to run the ball out of a 3 WR set: when 3 WR are in the game it doesnt take a defensive coordinator to figure out what the play call will be. On the surface what looks to be "fooling" the defense isnt, because Childress never runs out of that set! A couple simple things need to be happening to take away the predictability. We need to see more 3 and 4 WR sets on 1st down where the vikings actually run the ball. If you are going to run a base set using 2 WR and the defense is going to stack the box we need to see some plays downfield to get things stretched out. This is the reason Berrian was brought in was it not?? If the plan was to use Berrian the way he is being used the vikings could have just went and picked up another possession reciever and saved the $$ for some other position. How can an "offensive guru" not get AP and Chester on the field at the same time? That one just blows me away that the vikings don't use this to their advantage. A true offensive genius would lick his chops at the opportunity to be able to create packages with these 2 guys on the field at the same time.

We're going to lose Chester after the season is over if he doesn't get used for something besides pass blocking. Sets with AP and Chester in the backfield at the same time would be a perfect way to get him more involved.

Not to mention.... it might actually increase the effectiveness of the offense.

2nd and 3, 3 WR in the game and only 7 guys in the box. Why? Because the vikings won't run out of that set. The outcome? Frerotte gets sacked because the vikings arent fooling anyone passing on 2nd and 3 out of that set, the lions had the WR covered. The lions played pass on 2nd and 3.

Childress showed his true stupidity by not going for 2 to try and at least tie the score. What a moron.

I totally agree, if they make it, it is tied and OT might be possible, if they don't they need a FG- either way a FG wins it.

I didnt have a problem with kicking the extra point. I hate it when teams go for 2 before the 4th quarter. The problem that could have arisen is if you don't get 2 and its 10-8, and the lions go down and get a TD, now your down by 9 points and its a 2 posession game. You don't start chasing points in the 3rd quarter. It will bite you every time. By far the majority of NFL coaches would have taken the extra point at that point in the 3rd quarter.

yeah obviously a no brainer lol. No, in a game where points are at a premium you make sure you stay within 1 posession. If you have a chance to take the point and ensure that if Detroit goes down and scores a TD and you stay within 1 score you take it. As rotten as the vikings are at scoring from close in you don't take the risk of that game staying 10-8 and the lions scoring to make it a 2 posession game at 17-8.