• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new house V-front or square front ?

WALLEYEDUDE2001

I built one 3 years ago and went with the v-front at the last minute and I love it another thing I did was build the v walls 6 inches shorter or so that way the roof has a slight drop to it too. And another thing to consider is to set your axles behind the center of frame it will tow awesome by doing this. As far as anchoring the walls down I used construction adhesive and then screwed them down with self tapping screws. And wherever you can use a screw type that either has a torx head or a sguare head that way you cant strip them out. Here is a pic of my house

100_1094-1.jpg

100_1095.jpg

I would go sqaure, more room and let your truck break the wind.

As for anchoring those studs to the frame a bolt with big washers right through the frame and sill board is best but you can get away with a TEK screw. Self tapping coated pan head screw that has little wing cutters on for cutting the wood wider before breaking off to drill the steel. Little buggers get one heck of grip. In fact I used them on most of the billboards around Walker Hackensack we used them to hold the plywood on the signs and they have been holding for ten plus years now. We aslo used them to deck a trailer that has a good 15 years on it now.

I have the v-front on mine but only use it for storage. When I bought it I wanted the V for use as a bathroom, now that I have it we set up a portbale outside with a buddy heater for when nature calls, turn the heater on 5 minutes in advance and it gets plenty comfortable, also gives you more room to relax.

I would v the front my first one I did 8x8 square pickup could hardly pull it up the hills. sold it before the motor blew built another v d it could not beleive the difference plus I stick my tv up there with the furnace below wouldnt think twice. you got about the same in material anyway. unless its on skids with a big bomadier pulling it you wouldnt regret it plus who whats to buy a square one when you go to sell it. thats my opinion thou