• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GMU 76 and 851(Bosque del Oso WMA)

Cooter,

Me and a buddy hunted 76 two years ago took our 7 points for a archery ticket. we hunted around pole creek mt saw alot of elk. shot a 6x6 saw some moose not much for hunter as is limited draw. land is rugged and steep but alot of elk

Yes I am saving my points to go there again, I have hunted CO for the past thirteen years and by far this was the best area I have seen not just for the amount of animals but this place is truley gods country, If you do burn your points I would contact a bioligist for taht region they are sort of hard to get ahold of but they have alot of info. Don't know how hard you go after the elusive wahpti but there is some foot traffic only areas out there we hunted after the muzzeloaders, still saw alot of elk but wondered about that walk in only area. Also mind the weather up there, we packed up when there was a foot of snow on the ground, with two days left. Got back to MN, watched GMA and the town of Silverton which was about 16 miles away got 3 ft of snow. WOULD HAVE MADE FOR A LONG WINTER