• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

where is the best place to pick up a used shotgun (12ga)?

Jason_Donahoe

I'd check out Joe's, they have a good variety of used guns to choose from. Buying a new gun generally isn't too much more, but the guys at Joe's will definatly be able to help you out with those questions. They are very versed in guns.

Also, if your hunting with me, you might want a more versatile gun than just a "duck" gun, something that would work for deer,duck,goose, etc...

Maybe someone knows more than I do...probably.

Whatever you choose make sure it fits you well. I like to pick a target, close my eyes, mount the gun(unloaded of course) pointing at the target, then open your dominant eye. On a good fitting gun your eye should look straight down the barrel at the target (not to either side of the barrel), and you should see very little of the rib (not the whole rib, but you should be able to see the bead)

I would check gander, not always the best service, but some good deals on guns. Maybe Cabela's. Where do you live?