• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Difference Between Ice ArmorX and Arctic Armor?

TMF89

They are two different products. One is designed to keep you warm and comfortable. The other does that, and keeps you floating if you dare go for a swim. They use different insulation, different fabric, ect.. its not just color.

I have Arctic Armor, and love the stuff!.. I have 2 outfits, one camo for bowhunting late season.

I have the regular Ice Armors and they are fine with me. My fishing partner has the Ice Armor X and he likes the warmth of them compared to the smurf blue ones. I would say the Ice Armor X and Arctic Armor are comparable. However the flotation ability is a plus. One other thing to consider is to try both of them on. I tried everything from Vexilars brand to the strikemaster. The Ice Armors fit me the best. So it may all boil down to what fits your body well.

Good Luck

I just purchased an Artic Armor suit this year. I figured if I was going to drop the cash to stay warm, why not spend a few more dollars to be safe as well. The AA suit isnt as bulky as the x suit, but as warm, or warmer, and I get the advantage of if I fall in, I will not drown! I think that alone is worth the extra few bucks!

I just purchased an Artic Armor suit this year. I figured if I was going to drop the cash to stay warm, why not spend a few more dollars to be safe as well. The AA suit isnt as bulky as the x suit, but as warm, or warmer, and I get the advantage of if I fall in, I will not drown! I think that alone is worth the extra few bucks!

Exactly. I got the camo last year. Hard to cough up the money, but after I got it, I knew it was well worth it. The extra money for floating is well worth it IMO. I like that it's not bulky, I carry enough bulk that I don't need that in a suit. laugh

How much is the Arctic Armor? The thing is as some of you know I work at Gander, so during special events I can save 30% off the Ice Armor, so what I'm really looking for is proof that I'm paying $100 more (it's around $300, right?) for more than a life jacket.

I own the Arctic Armor Red/Black suit. I used to own the Ice Armor X suit. They both will keep you warm and the wind off of you. I am not very tall and the one thing that I found different between the two suits is the bulk. With the Ice Armor, when I tried to bend my knees to get down to the ice, there was so much bulk in the bibs it would bunch up behind my knees and make it difficult to kneel down. I don't have that problem with the Arctic Armor. The other thing is the weight. The complete Red/Black suit weighs just over 5 lbs. I don't have the specs on the Ice Armor, but I know my suit was much heavier.

Yes, you could say I am biased because I also sell them, but I could sell the Clam suits, Vexilar suit and the Strikemaster suit. I choose to stock and sell the Arctic Armor suit because in my experience, it is the best suit out there for the money. And it will keep you afloat. That's a side benefit of the Insultex insulation. The reason you can float is the Insultex material will not absorb water, so it doesn't displace the air that is trapped in the Insultex fabric.

Now I'm starting to sound like a salesman so I'll stop but feel free to contact us if you have questions or ask any of the other FM Sponsors that sell the suit.

Joe

The thing I notice most about Arctic Armor is how lightweight and non-bulky it is ---- ie. how comfortable it is to wear and how easy it is to move around in. Compare it to your typical cold weather gear and you'll notice the difference and understand why we talk about it. Being out on the ice all day is tiring enough on it's own without having to trudge around in heavy or uncomfortable outerwear. The warmth and flotation you get with Arctic Armor are extra bonuses.

JRFISHBAIT I plan to purchase a suit from you at the get together outing on november 1st.The black and red i hope you will have on hand because that is the suit i am going to buy.It will match the colors of my portable.I was impressed a little over a year ago at the madison lake outing and knew that one day i would return and support a great bait shop.

Before every one feels all warm and cozy about floating in the suit, there are a few things that you must to do survive. #1 keep calm. The suits help you float, but you must know how to controll the suit as it makes you a human bobber and you can still drown as it will put you face down in the water unless you know what to do and how to do it. I do not own a suit so bass and spear please step in here. Does the manufactur have any instructions on emergency usage when you buy the suit? It is a weird feeling bobbing around in the water. The other factor is the shock factor and cold water that plays a HUGE role in this. If you want to learn cold water survival just look on the web, there is a canidian professor who demostrats what to do actually in frozen lake with a large hole cut into the ice. He is crazy. At least the suit will aid in body recovery if something was to happen. Stay safe on the ice.

My buddy is interested in getting the AA suit this year, but would really like to try one on. I don't know of anywhere in the metro to do that though. He's 6'2" 215, would XL be good or 2X?

should be fine, otherwise look me up and he can try mine on