• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Bemidji?

TMF89

Any tips guys? I go to the university up here, and some time in the near future I'd like to chase some ski's. Especially because some of my friends of the opposite gender want to come with too, so I'd obviously really appreciate any and all information/tips/tricks you guys have. I'll post this in the Bemidji forum too, but this forum gets more traffic. Thanks guys!

I went to school up there for a few years, too bad I didn't muskie fish specifically then. I had a few of them bite me off though. I'd try the point in the park right by the school there, but watch out for crazy drunk jeep drivers putting their car in the lake at 2am!!!

Also, IIRC, the west side is known as muskie alley or something...I might have that wrong though.

Lake Bemidji has been a favorite lake for me to hit but don't get out there as much as before.

I like to fish the rocks, point as mentioned, reeds pretty much everywhere and unknown spots will hold fish. Get a lakemaster map and you can see different things and will help you out. My go to bait was the 9" jake in natural colors and small size bucktails. Good Luck

"Especially because some of my friends of the opposite gender want to come with too, so I'd obviously really appreciate any and all information/tips/tricks you guys have"

Are you looking for fishing tips/tricks or ...?

10,000 Casts, can you help him out?

Quote:
10,000 Casts, can you help him out?

Concentrate on the North End (primarily north of diamond bar. The Bull Rushes should hold some fish a little south east of Diamond Bar as well as well as the bull rushes on the west side. Spinnerbaits and Boogermans should be good. Being new to the lake, concentrate on the west side like mentioned above. The NE corner holds some fish as well. And I would make sure to fish the Rock Pile in the middle of the north basin at sun up and sun down for sure and there is no reason why you shouldn't see some fish durring the day too.

Throw the big stuff, the bigger the better right now.

Also, go into Bluewater and talk to Mark. Great guy that will set you up with what you need.

Get ready to see some BIG fish!

Good Luck

ya, stuck in class. 7 more weeks but it's not so bad. They are putting me up in the Hilton and giving me a pretty good expence account so I think I'll survive. I plan on fishing Leech Sat and Sun and I am really looking forward to it. I don't know what the weather is calling for but it should be good. You guys comming up north this weekend?